Horror or Comedy?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

chchaisson1

Horror or Comedy?

Post by chchaisson1 »

I'm thinking of writing a script, but I'd like your opinion. Would you rather watch a movie that makes you jump, or watch a movie that makes you laugh?
New site released!
Join the Forum!
http://www.boathouse-productions.com/
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Horror or Comedy?

Post by Kentertainment »

I'd actually like to see a suspense/action movie but I'd say go with a comedy because most attempts nowdays in amateur and proffesional horror films aren't scary at all.
KeiserSniTT

Post by KeiserSniTT »

that was a weird thing to ask about... i think the movie would turn out better if you first think of a comedy plot and then brainstorm and after wards do the same for a horror plot... And then you compare these two and decide which you think would turn out best and write a script on the best on (ofcourse)...

I think you would make a better script doing it this way instead of making what people in here want to see... well thats just my opinion... and if i have to say something i agree with Kentertainment...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Don't do it for us, do it for you. What would YOU have more fun doing? Personally, comedy is a lot easier to do, becuase it's easy to act stupid, and then people laugh at it.
Sigs suck a**.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Depends on the type of horror movie you want to do. If it's a zombie movie? HECK NO!! Go with comedy. But if you can come up with an original idea I'd say try a horror.
@seanbagley
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

I would say horror, cheesy horror can work, and if you have the goods you can really make people shiver, Low budget ametuer comedy movies ussually come out cr** and just funny because your laughing at them, like 'omg these people actually think there funny', I would never do comedy because you really need to be a top class comedian to make it work well. Almost all of the hollywood comedy movies have some kind of infulence or collaboration with a veteran comedian. We once did do an 'Office' parody type thing, and that went really well,but the whole idea is that it was meant to be people who are deadly serious, but there really wankers and you have to laugh at them,so in a sence it wasent trying to be funny, thats what ussually works,so you might get away with that,but otherwise, horror is great if you have an origanal idea.
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Hey gyro, theres nothing wrong with a zombie flick if thats what he wants to do. Horror is generally harder to do in amatuer filmmaking, becuase it has to look VERY good to scare people.. with comedy, it can look stupid, and that makes it funnier. Theshapecool, you've got it all reveresed. Amatuer horror movies most of the time come out like cr**, and comedys really funny. You couldn't be more wrong! You don't need a comedian to make it work at all. Just good ideas, and at least some good acting skills to pull it off. If you don't have actors with even remote talent, then forget horror completly.
Sigs suck a**.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

well Ive seen better amatuer horror than comedy, it ussually comes out pap, but worth a go i suppose,it ussually ends up looking stupid, but i guess the bottom line is, you can do anything and make it look good aslong as you have the smarts, but genrally what i said before applies

www.RussDiaper.com

I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Mabye your discribing your own self and experiance with horror and comedy films that youv've made? Becuase , generally what you said before, is the exact oppisite of what happens.
Sigs suck a**.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

lolol, could be, but this is just my experience, but I'm a horror guy through and through, and I have made films that have scared and shocked people, and made bollocks comedy, lol, so yeah your probably right there, just my opinion, but like i said, I think really you can make anything great if you have the knowledge and dedication

www.RussDiaper.com

I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

No. Not always true. What if the actors suck? You can have all the knowlage and dedication in the world, but the actors can still just suck.

Post some of these horror films that have scared people if you can.
Sigs suck a**.
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

Well, Ornsack is doing a comedy horror!!!!! NAUGHTY SOLDIERS, anyone?
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Oh, if that ever gets done!
Sigs suck a**.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

you say what if the actors suck, well isnt that the whole idea of making a film well, you make sure that they dont suck, so what you have just said makes no sense, or your telling us that you would make a movie well,but not bother about acting ability. what I said applies all the time, if you have the smarts, you CAN make an amazing film with whatever you have, and thats fact. period.

www.RussDiaper.com

DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Hi people, my first post on this site.
Theshapecool I agree with I3lade203 that you should put these spine tingling horror movies of yours somewhere for download, or for postal. I would love to see some fan creations, and when I finally get that damned internet working at home I will download some off here, as I am working on a script myself for a horror movie called 'Obsession'. I have been searching the net for tips on cameras, equipment, etc, and thats how I stumbled upon this site.
I recently moved up to the Orkney Islands, and I am telling you that there are some excellent natural sets up here for movies, and some scary abandoned buildings that were used during World War 2. I am also just about to start a 10 week course called 'An Introduction to Short Movie Making' where I, in a group, will be taught - How to use a camera on set to get the shots needed; How to create Story Boards; and how to put the movie together using their computer room. We will be required to create a short movie in the 10 weeks. Only £44.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Welcome to the forum darkelastic!! We'd be happy to help you with ANY questions you can possibly think of! And if the actors suck, work with it, do a comedy!! It's easy to make something stupid that people can laugh out, but if they suck, you can't make people be scared of them.
Sigs suck a**.