New HDV Editing

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

cwf

New HDV Editing

Post by cwf »

I have a HDV camera and have all adobe software and dont really want to go out and spend money on all new software just to be able to edit it!

I understand that Adobe has a new plugin coming out soon for Premiere so i will be able to import and capture my footage, but what about After Effects? Will i just be able to capture the footage in Premiere and then use it in After Effects? Or will i have to wait for a plug in for After Effects aswell?

Anyone have any info?

Thanks,

CWF
sonnyboo

RE: New HDV Editing

Post by sonnyboo »

the "plug in" is actually a universal CODEC thAt will allow all your programs use it.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

A little advice... source footage from HDV cams are captured in a form of MPEG2, which sucks for editing. So personally, i would import, and then export your raw footage into uncompressed AVI at 1080i, so you won't have any quality loss when you are going from premiere, to AE, and back, because MPEG2 is a very lossy codec over multiple generations. Need lots of HD space though for uncompressed.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

You should be able to just plug it in and capture like any other camera... or so it advertises. I read your camera's manual! :D