Trailer for Knight Time

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

shawneous

Trailer for Knight Time

Post by shawneous »

Hello guys. Here's the trailer for my new movie, Knight Time. It's a children's comedy set in the medieval times. In it I got one of the main actresses from Gus Van Sant's Elephant to take a key role (Elephant was the movie that took Palm D'Or at Cannes Film Festival 2003 and Gus Van Sant is the guy who directed Good Will Hunting).

http://www.nelsonentertainment.com/medi ... railer.mov[/url]
http://www.nelsonentertainment.com
Job

Post by Job »

It seems to be a good movie :)
and i think you're not a big fan of special effects....and sound ;)
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Hey thats some good stuff! Looks like a comedy though. The big thing in this trailer is the music. The music seemed to fit in the beginning, but just repeated a lot, and thats what made it sound comedy, that and the light note of the music. Some of the shots you showed were kind of.. out of place. There was one scene, where it was a bunch of people wrestling in a field, and I had NO idea what was going on. I would suggest rethinking the shots after the text to show what the text is about more clearly, and rethink the text to give us more of what the plot is. From what I got out of it, your doing a film about a little kid who has a dream to become a knight or something, and meets some knights and finds this whole fantasy thing. It was kind of unclear if thats what you were trying to do or not. Those were some great costumes props and sets ! The horse was pretty cool too. I can't comment on your acting, becasue there was no voice in the acting, but from what I saw , it looked good. Mabye try and get the music to play more of a role, some more plot in there, and mabye some voice so we can hear some of the plot through characters.

Final Grade : A-

Edit: Just realized you said it was a comedy, good music for that.
Sigs suck a**.
shawneous

Post by shawneous »

Why am I not a big fan of special effects? Not too long ago I was posting on how to do a very complicated effect of how to run people over with a car.

Thanks Blade for the music comment. I'm particularly proud of that, and in the full movie there's lots of good music. I got the legal rights to several awesome local Celtic artists plus another filmmaker who composed some scenes for me. I'll post the full movie online when I'm fully finished with my festival cut.
http://www.nelsonentertainment.com
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

DUDE! AWESOME! Loved the music. Looks like its gonna be pretty funny.
"Prolly Just Film"
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Great job! Really liked some of the angles and especially the look of some of the shots (color, contrast). If I were to suggest anything it would be to add a little more excitement in the way of titling, such as animation and effects. But other than that, great job.

On a side note, what cam was used for that?
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Rik

Post by Rik »

Beautiful trailer! :D
If i had edited that trailer, i would change the font into papyrus (that's a nice old font), and ofcourse some effects and animation to make it more proffesional!
The Props and Decoration that you've used are very cool BTW! :)