How do i make this VCD?

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

How do i make this VCD?

Post by Carnage7p »

ok so i have a bunch of files that i guess are some sort of dics images that i can put on a VCD. it is a bunch of R files. it has R00 though R38. and then there is a RAR and an SVF file. is there a way i can put these on a VCD?
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

RE: How do i make this VCD?

Post by Matt »

RAR files are archives like ZIP files. You will need to open the .RAR file in WinRar. The R01 to Rxx files are the other parts that go with the RAR file. Whether you can put the contents on a VCD depends on whats inside the archive!
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

well ya see i downloaded this movie file. when i open up the file it has four things. it has a folder that says cd1 and cd2. both of which have files like i said in the first post. there is a folder that says sample which has a short clip of the movie. and then there is an msinfo document which does not say anything. so there has got to be a way to get these on a VCD.
Adam

Post by Adam »

You have a multi level rar

extract the first level as matt suggested and then go into the cd1 directory and unrar the content. I imagine that the cd1 and cd2 directories contain an iso or bin image or maybe the raw VCD files.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Carnage7p wrote:well ya see i downloaded this movie file. when i open up the file it has four things. it has a folder that says cd1 and cd2. both of which have files like i said in the first post. there is a folder that says sample which has a short clip of the movie. and then there is an msinfo document which does not say anything. so there has got to be a way to get these on a VCD.
The file isn't really an MSInfo file, the extensions just makes Windows think it is. Shift right click on it and select open with, then use notepad to oopen it. It is a text file with probably some ansi art in it. Usually the info on the file from a distro group and probably includes instructions on reassembly.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands