New Resident evil script.........

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

New Resident evil script.........

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Needs ideas for more stunts, and even a better ending than bringign a new nemisis in. (nemisis kicks a**)
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: New Resident evil script.........

Post by Truggy »

isnt your thing illegal to do a resident evil? *just asking*
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Its not illegal because im not making money out of this, and im not looking for fame. Yes its copyrighting, but hey, im just using a name. plus i saw a website on the news that these amateur film makers were doing and they did "star trek, the next generation" and the company paramount pictures and a few others like sony i believe said they wont sue you if your just doing it for fun and you make no profit what so ever.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Fanfilms are considered illegal, but certian compaines give rights and guidlines for fanfilmers. Heres the thing : Not many of us are resident evil fans, and lack the "Research" knowlage you did over a year. Do NOT make this movie to do stunts effects and zombie killing, if thats what it's about, stop now. The stunts will flow natrually with the script once started. Work on story above all. About that ending, it will flow as you do the rest of the script. Sometimes believe it or not, endings arn't thought of until... the END of the writing process.
Sigs suck a**.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

i know, and im not tryign to say hey i have an exception you know. i posted in social that i have my script finished it just needs to have the finished editing. me and my friends all took turns writing the script and i did the last of it. It seems very cool but i dont think i have enough. im not doing movies for stunts and zombie killing (although in movies like this all you can do is kill the zombies and hope to god you dont get killed, small joke in there). I have a story line and everythign, and i have the actors for the part., once i get some footage itll be ok. the first part of my script is perfect, but as you go along it slowsd a little and then pics up hard core again. so i need it to be mello only once or twice and the hard core the rest of the time.
-"V" for Vendetta
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Do not make htis movie to kill zombies. It's just a plus of making the film. Concentrate on story first, action later. Storytelling is the real thing you want to do, not blow up zombies. And if you want to blow up zombies, go play a video game.
Sigs suck a**.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

ok i dont think you get what im saying ok? im am saying that i have already written the story of the film, now i am plotting the actions in it. i am sorry if i am annoying. your right killing the zombies is a plus to the movies. hell my friend who is supposed to be editing the script is off looking up stunts and action sequences for us as he is our action and stunt choreographer. im just mentioning the things we both agreed on for the film. Im not saying you dont know anything, plz dont think that, but i am saying that i am trying to make my first real amateur film a good one. I mean im sure youve done at the least three or four movies right? Didnt you want your first movie to be fun and intresting to make? i do, and i just realized that i sound like a complainer. i apologize man. if anything could you at least help me with what ive got? you know i have the script written and i still need to stretch it out some. but i got the important part out of the way, now what do i do?
-"V" for Vendetta
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

wait, this is your first movie? And your doing something this big? I suggest starting way way smaller. But - at the risk of being flamed, it is your film, your money, and your time. Do what you feel is best. I'll help you with what you've got. So, what kind of stunts are you looking for? I suggest writing a list first, saying what you know you can do, and what you want to do. See which two cross each other, for example something you want to do may be having a motorcycle come crashing through a window, and something you can do mabye doing an insaine jump with a harness. It's knowing what you physical can do that will help you get this film done, not being able to do something you want to is just going to hurt you. So deffintly star off by writing your limitations, and post them here if you can so I can further help you.
Sigs suck a**.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Iget thrown through a wall in a scene early on in the movie, then i fall down a couple stairs and in the end i get hit by a metal door that shoots open and thrown for about 6 feet. is that good? God the more i think about it, i find that this is getting to be a somewhat difficult task in the way of stunts. but im willing to do the training and work for them. i want to be an actor someday, and to do that you should be able to do some stunt work to show your dedication to a film.
-"V" for Vendetta
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

this topic is to no longer be on here, if matt or a mod could lock or delete this topic for me i would really appreciate it a lot.
-"V" for Vendetta
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

LOL, dont worrie bout i3lade talking, he's high on himself...we all know it, do wut u feel u can do with your time /equipment, dont take s*** from others. See i took s*** from others and its taken me almost 3 months to complete my film, just gradually work on it. no need to delete the thread...DISCUSS it.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

ok man, but if i remember righht is it you that everyone used to insult when i was on here a long time ago? like they would say your films suck?
-"V" for Vendetta
Rheborn

Post by Rheborn »

Yes, but we don't have that bad rep anymore. We took our time. And planned things out. And we made two good films. I agree with Truggy. Take your time and just gradually work on it. You wont be ashamed when its finished.
--------------------------
www.xeropictures.com
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

well see i will openly say this to both of you, i didnt kno whaat i was doing when i joined on here, but i picked things up as i went and now i am ready to do my first feature length film. its cause of all of you guys helping me out and aidning me to get this done. i appreciate what you lot are telling me in the way of hard work equals satisfaction. I am just so ready to get all of this started. but i still have so much work to do, you kno? its that impatient feeling you get when you kno something will look great. I need to get a couple of programs for editing my footage, stuff that makes gun flashes and explosions, and even bullets.there are programs i could use at school, but i am a little afraid of going to school with footage of people getting attacked or shot.
-"V" for Vendetta
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

new info

I realized recently that my film will look more over like a documentary version of a movie than anyhting else, because my cam sucks. Maybe not i dont know unless you all have ideas in the way of lighting and actual film look for an old Hitachi VHS camcorder. Help!!!!! anyone got any ideas, so i can at least pull it off a little for my first real movie?
-"V" for Vendetta
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Well, shoot a bunch of test footage first, so you've got a feel for making it look a lot more professional. Practice setting up shots, because a lot of the time cinematography alone goes a long way to making something look really good.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Light and practice, get a good A/D converter to capture the footage. - ALWAYS fresh tape, eliminate any dropouts due to media. VHS will work well for NTSC video, a couple lines of resolution short, if you convert to DV spec, keep it at a square pixel NTSC 640x480 and it should look fine. The trick is well lighted scenes. In fact depending on your scenes you could get slightly better edge definition on VHS than DV since DV uses 4:1:1 compression, the chroma channel is only sampled once every four pixels, - thats what causes the jaggies you see when keying a scene. Remember... tape is cheap, don't be afraid to reshoot. If possible try to have a monitor, or at least a tvc connected when shooting so you can get a better idea of what the lighting will look like. Most viewfinders are horrible when trying to tweak your look, and a 2.5 or 3.5 inch LCD screen is little better. Whitebalnce, set exposure, and learn to use manual focus. A well shot project on VHS will look better than an average effort on DV. I mean, you can give a monkey a paintbrush, and the results won't look like a rembrandt - the tool is only one small part of the project. BTW, did you hear anything back from CapCom?
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

no, nothin yet. altho i have had time to think about this film thoroly. if you had to choose, would you rather see a hrad earned fan film based on the game, or would you rather see a parody of the Resident Evil story i wrote. I was told it would be slightly easier, but it would be almost like shaun of the dead (which i just saw today and got a few ideas) But yeah so tell me guys, honestly. and i am still waiting to hear from capcom. if i get a notice from them saying go ahead, then ill work my a** off to make this a good film. now on the other hand if i get a notice telling me no, or i hear nothing from them then i will most likely convert the RE tale to a horror/comedy parody.
-"V" for Vendetta
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Still hoping to get the project rolling now, but i still await capcoms permission. If anything ill still film it and hope for the best. its not like im taking credit for the name RE, let alone the names that were pre created by capcom and the books
-"V" for Vendetta
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

New Update

Thanx to chainsawsrfun, i now have my edited script. i have had several people look at it and i have gotten a major thumbs up on it. I want to thank Rob for his help, couldnt have done it without ya. Also i took a poll at my school from the fifty poepl i had read the script, they said the one part they cant wait to see is when i get thrown through a wall and then also see the final battle. it will be some pretty cool s*** when its done, i think. and it cant get better than that, or could it? lol
-"V" for Vendetta
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

New update

My government teachers son is a video game designer and he has requested to help work on my film with my group once we get some footage out. i think thats totally cool, cause now i might not have to make the suite for the bad guy at the end, ill just have my friend fight on the green screen and then put 1 and 1 together. It sounds like a plan to me.
-"V" for Vendetta
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

I would like when you are going to start to film this movie I would like to see it. Not to be rude but if this movie sucks it will make me not want to play the game ever again.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: New Resident evil script.........

Post by ALove »

Spike_P_2 wrote:Its not illegal because im not making money out of this, and im not looking for fame. Yes its copyrighting, but hey, im just using a name. plus i saw a website on the news that these amateur film makers were doing and they did "star trek, the next generation" and the company paramount pictures and a few others like sony i believe said they wont sue you if your just doing it for fun and you make no profit what so ever.
The real people who did Apocalypse should listen to you.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: New Resident evil script.........

Post by Spike_P_2 »

haha
-"V" for Vendetta
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: New Resident evil script.........

Post by Spike_P_2 »

I am done with the script and i am so ready to film when ever i get my camera fixed. I am gonna try it now
-"V" for Vendetta