Les Miserables

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

scottybrown100

Les Miserables

Post by scottybrown100 »

I'm announcing my upcoming film (prodcution to start in two weeks) that will be based off the battle scene from Les Miserables, with a major difference. Instead of using 18th century France, my movie will take place in 20th century America. it is unclear as to wether the "revolutionaries" will be fighting against an invading country or rebeling against thier own government.

As a last note I would like to inform all of you, that we will NOT be filming the battle scene's in the city streets (like in the play). Anyone who lives in southern michigan and has access to a city street were we could build a barricade please PM me.

Feel free to ask any questions as well.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Les Miserables

Post by I3lade203 »

Sounds good.

What are you filming on? Got a copy of the script?
Sigs suck a**.
scottybrown100

Post by scottybrown100 »

right now I'm not giving out any of the script (just because by the time its finished, it will be changed so radically that you won't even recognize it...) but if you want I can give you the brief rundown of the story line (not the back story, but what happens during the film).

As to what I am filming on, I assume you mean camera, and it would be a Sony something or other :) its a friend's camera and I don't exactly remeber the name of it...
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

Good luck! It should be brilliant to make (having played ValJean myself in past years :D)
scottybrown100

Post by scottybrown100 »

it is a great story is it not? Though I may not be having ValJean in our film... how can you do this and still call it Les Miserables? Its based off the story, not an exact copy of it...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Sure! I'd love to hear the breif rundown if you don't mind.

Will you be updateing this thread with production photos and such? Or is this thread just to announce?
Sigs suck a**.
scottybrown100

Post by scottybrown100 »

Well I'm hoping to have a website up soon that will be updated, I'll probably post here just to let you guys know whats going on as well. Here is the brief run down...

Our fist scene will probably start with a narration, showing that the country has been conqured and America has become in essence a third wolrd country.

We then will switch to our hero's of the movie, at thier favorite hangout, discussing the need for revolution.

While the revolutionaries are talking, they question why one of thier comrades is not present, we then switch to see this "missing" revolutionary engaged in activites of a romantic nature with a girl that he has just met, and has fallen in love with.

When he finnaly meets up with his revolutionary friends, he seems distant to them. While he is concentrating on love, they are concentrating on the state of thier nation.

The conflict in thougths comes when this man must decided wether to join his friends and fight, or run away with his lover.

Meanwhile the revolutionaries formulate a battle plan that to them, is almost fool proof. Their plan is to engage the local garrison, and then while in the midst of battle, other groups of freedom fighters will emerge and attack the garrison from behind. It is an ingenious plan with one slight problem, if the other freedom fighter groups do not attack, our revolutionary friends will be anhilated.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

Our lover decides to fight with his friends, and the revolutionaries attack in the early hours of the next day. For the momment I have decided that during the battle our revolutionaries will never question were thier friends are, and will ingorantly belive that they will be rescued any momment. Of course they will not belive that when they are eventually overrun and anihilated.

Our lover though, does survive the battle, either by escaping during the ending melee or by hiding under the masses of dead bodies. Its still unclear as to what he does after the battle, but a loose sketch would have him wrestle with survivors guilt.