Ok just play stupid for a second

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

According to the website that I read that had info on Finale, it mentioned that you can compose it on the site. Then you can hear it back. Now obviosuly the sound isn't going to be "natural" sounding. So after you hear your music and like it, then print of each instruments music on music notation paper. Then find the musicians that play those instruments and have them record them for you at their sound studios. Then replace the "cg" insturments on finale with the "real" ones. Wala!
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

another thing that came to me. It is an idea I am using on "amnesia", the 120min film that I am about to finish. If the music peice is big enough, like a huge symphony size, then just replace half of the instruments with "real" ones and leave the rest as "cg". With that many instruments going, you won't be able to pick out what is "cg" and what is "real".
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

hey Carnage, you live in Holland? I am moving down near Grand Rapids in about a month.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Of course you can compose in Finale. That's what it was designed for! :lol:
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

What do you guys think of Finale? I have been looking into it. I know it is expensive, but it looks good.
Oh, and yes there are GOOD muscians that can't read music. A friend of mine was talking to me about a guitarist from the '60's that didn't read music, trying to recall the name. I think he said Jimmy Hendrix, but don't quote me on it. I knew a muscian that couldn't read mucic, but he could pick up a song and play it almost perfect after hearing it about 5-6 times.
I think it helps to read music, but you can also experiment in a program and use your ear as well.