Music Video Tips

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

wildabeast009

Music Video Tips

Post by wildabeast009 »

I am getting ready to create my first music video. It is to the song, Heroes and Villains by Brian Wilson. I've never made a music video before and was wondering if there were any special tips I should know or follow.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
Grant

RE: Music Video Tips

Post by Grant »

well it is a structured short film in itself. Work out if you need any lip sync to the song etc and how you are going to portray the song's message
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

I shot a music video once (a fake one, not anything serious), and I used a cd player on set which worked out perfectly for lip syncing. I just lined up the waveforms from the footage and the actual mp3 exactly in post and all worked out great. Then just cancel out the track from the video and it will be perfection. (this may have been obvious but I can't stress enough how well it works :D)
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

Make a script as u would a short film, make it as u would a silent film. Make sure it goes with the song. U'll be fine
Passit

Post by Passit »

Towards the end of the song have it start raining on the singer - always looks good
-=Falcon=-

Post by -=Falcon=- »

Try changing the shot every few seconds to keep it interesting, not much longer than 10 seconds maximum. Although i suppose its up to your stlye and how you want to do it.
You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologise.
www.tk1media.com
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

There's actually not going to be a singer, the track will just be playing in the background. Has anyone made one I can download? I would watch MTV but:
1) I hate that channel.
2) I want to see something non-proffesional.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

If you want to see something non professional then go to a cheap DVD/VCR/CD store and pick up a cheap music dvd and see what they have to offer. Allow the speed of the film fottage to match the speed of the song.
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.