How's this camera, Panasonic PV-GS120

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Chachi

How's this camera, Panasonic PV-GS120

Post by Chachi »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=photo

Keep in mind I don't want to be spending anything like $600+. What I really like about this camera is that it's 3-CCD and has a widescreen mode.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: How

Post by Gyro »

I think Mushiman had one of those before he got his XL1, he should know.
@seanbagley
bangoker

Post by bangoker »

i got that cam too, and i am very happy with it, it has great pictures quality, and lots of options that ARE usefull, like changing the ...mmm i forgot the name...well, the amount of light that comes in and all that, theres also the usual FX that i wont really ever use.

THE ONLY big down, is that compared to the 200, it doesnt have a focus ring (you can still control focus, but by pressing the buttons.)

has manual focus, manual control of light, speed shutter, etc, and auto mod. also i think 200's stabilizer is better, but the stabilizer is pretty good any ways

if you want to check an example of a movie made with it, check my little short, Wet Floor, is only~5 mb, and I forgot to take a tripod..so some takes are a little shaky, but for example, the opening one was made with no tripod or anything, and still is pretty good.

of course, the picture has SOME color correction, but its just minor stuff and not in all sceens.

(oh the "weird" looking shots where taken using a really wide angle lense, nothing to do with the cam as it comes)

http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5633

EDIT:

oh i forgot, another nice thing is that it has a "easy access" for the tape, so unlike other cams (at least lots of sony's) you dont put the tape through the buttom of the cam, but from the side. This is really good when you have to change tapes and have a tripod attached.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

bangoker wrote: oh i forgot, another nice thing is that it has a "easy access" for the tape, so unlike other cams (at least lots of sony's) you dont put the tape through the buttom of the cam, but from the side. This is really good when you have to change tapes and have a tripod attached.
I absolutly hate that about my Sony, the top loading tape would probably be enough to sell me on a camera. Just for the added convenience, coupled with Sony's superior stabilization.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

...mmm i forgot the name...well, the amount of light that comes in and all that
Iris
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Re: RE: How

Post by Epsilon »

Gyro wrote:
...mmm i forgot the name...well, the amount of light that comes in and all that
Iris
lol not quite! It's called the Apature or F-stop. It is typically automatic in those camcorders, a combination between that and the ISO, which they just call Exposure. ;)
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: How

Post by Raptor »

The Iris controls the aperture - an F-stop is a standard Iris opening, on a logarithmic scale.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Re: RE: How

Post by Epsilon »

lol IRIS!

But you don't say: adjust the iris. The opening is called the apature! :D