Guitar based movie scores

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Despin

Guitar based movie scores

Post by Despin »

Hey there.

Can anyone think of any decent movie scores that are guitar based? The only one that springs to mind right now is 28 Days Later and maybe the El Mariachi movies... But there must be loads more much better one than them. But my mind has gone blank.

So can anyone help? What are your faves?

Despin out.
Jason

Post by Jason »

well, the movie I'm finishing up is primarily guitar scores. The old zombie movies like Day of the Dead tended to use a lot of electric guitar riffs and such, but not necessarily a full guitar score. That's a good question really. Now my mind is blank...
Despin

Post by Despin »

Hey there.

I've been thinking... The Way of the Gun had a pretty cool guitar based score. As did the third man.

Anyone else think of any?

Despin out.
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

Well' we're doing a metal version of the Halloween theme for our film. :)
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Sorry to bring up this old topic again, but that would be great, If you listen to Alan Howarth's score for Halloween 6, it has lots of metal riffs, including my personal favourate, 'Jaimie's Escape' which features a great Dist.Guitar version of the halloween theme. It had hard metal sparks and slaps for the stingers, worked extremely effectively, would reccomend it. Little known fact is that Howarth used to be in a rock band that opened for the kinks and the who, aswell as Jimi Hendrix, so his background is impressive, Only wish he came back to score more Halloween Films though, I liked Danny Lux tho dont get me wrong, but Howarth has allways been my favourate, aswell as Carpenter of course.
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'