"THE FINAL UPRISING ONLINE"

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

"THE FINAL UPRISING ONLINE"

Post by DAZMAN »

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

The film is finally online. This took me 5 months to create on my own. Star wars for most people is a childhood memory, and that is what i have tried to recreate. The idea was to make a 25 minute long episode, set after all of the other films. It is designed to be a fun film that younger generations as well as older, can watch, understand and enjoy.

I have tried to give it a basic story and to encorperate aspects of the origional films i enjoyed the most.

www.x-21studios.co.uk

please give me your opinions on the film. cheers :D :D :D
Last edited by DAZMAN on Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.x-21.tk
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Ha I quite liked it! Don't normally download fan films, but it looked kinda cute :)

Only problem was the usual "I can't hear a word they're saying"

And some of the CG camera work was a little nauseous

But good little film, and a hell of a lot of effort (and rendering time) it seems!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

Cheers dude, the compression on the smaller one is terrible. i recomend the larger. anybody else?
www.x-21.tk
cwf

Post by cwf »

Thought it was great m8 :) What programme did you use to do all the spcae and CG effects?
Passit

Post by Passit »

i thought it was really good! small problem was the dialogue at times was a bit quiet compared to the background noise. good simple story tho and the forest scenes were really entertaining.
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

thanks man, i used light wave and 3d max. :D
www.x-21.tk
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

I think i'll pass, i'm on a slow connection & i don't like children.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well so far I have only had time to flip through it, didn't quite gather how long it was from the DL, so I didn't leave enough space in my day. What I did see looked good, full report tommrow, unless more school stuff comes up.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Ye, really did think it was good. great fx as well. My one stab is the sound levels. You should have the voices a bit louder. i had to turn my speakers right up. Other than that Great. Very good CG. And i can see that you have put a lot of effort on this. So well done
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

thanks guys :D
www.x-21.tk
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Great film. Really shows that using young kids dosn't have to look bad. Great use of common household items for props. I admit the storm trooper costumes were a bit cheesy, but look pretty good. At one point you had a imperial base.. that 3D didn't match the footage at all.. Nice paintball mask ;)
I see what the others said about sound, but it wasn't to bad. I was able to understand it all, and I was on the low quality video.

Overall, b+.
Sigs suck a**.
KayBeck

Post by KayBeck »

I'm not a huge fan of fan films, but I thought that this was a very entertaining piece.

Other than what was already mentioned, I think there are two spots which I think could be improved:

- the hallway moved faster than the speed at which the woman in black was walking

- the lightsaber battle in the forest could perhaps benefit from a being sped up just a touch, and perhaps a few quicker cuts to speed up the action

Overall, some great work!
Last edited by KayBeck on Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnt Synapse Entertainment: We're going to blow your mind.
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

How long is this movie?
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

about 22 min
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

haha, I liked it. Good job! Sure it had it's flaws, but great overall.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

JEEZ, why is the file size sooo big, should be 22mb for a small not 44mb... that's crazy...
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I know I'm a bit far behind, catching up. Downloading! I shall watch it tomorrow! I like Star Wars fan films, so I am excited to watch this one, especially after all the positive commentary! :D
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Well I just got your PM Dazman - I'm on 9% download and it's taking forever!!!

Then again I'm doing Latin CWk atm. so that's not a problem - sorry I haven't seen it before but like Epsilon I'm catching up...

I'll probs post tomorrow and see what "ultimate wisdom" I can offer...

No offence or anything... but is there reeli no way it could have been a smaller file? What did you edit with?

Sounds cool anyway...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

He pmed you to? Hehe

Don't post this on theforce.net! They hate jedi vs sith in the forest.
Sigs suck a**.
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

lol, i PM'd people who i know best on this site.

i have entered it at TFN but am still waiting for a reply.
www.x-21.tk
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hey finally watched it.

I love the costumes! Typical storyline, but well played out, I thought. It's not really good ettiquite to credit your name 3 times in the same frame, lol. As much work as you probably have put into it, it looks braggy. Beginning and ending credits looked great, however. The actual 3D modeling holds a lot of potential, but looked okay enough to follow the story. I'm sure this was a great learning experience!

It is actually somewhat rude to not credit the creators of the 3d models, they deserve a lot in recognition. Your movie is a prime example of why they made them. I would try working a little more on smoother 3d camera movements next. The lightsabers were pretty good. The paintball gear is really funny, though it works well! The audio did die out in the beginning and that should always be an issue to remind yourself.

At times the camera was a little high over the actors' heads. That may be because half of them were indeed quite short! Overall, I liked the cinematography. Nice job editing between footages.

Lastly, a little bit of Star Wars Trivia!

The Incom Corporation T-65 X-wing Space Superiority Fighter is designed to fly with it's wings in the closed formation in normal sublight space flight. The wings are deployed in combat situations to provide greater manueverability and allows it's four Taim & Bak Kx9 laser cannons to become operational, as with the Krupx MG7 proton-torpedoes.

:D

Keep up the good work!
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

lol cheers. the camera was ment to enphasise how small they where. On the modeling website, it says to credit the website rather than the modelers, because they can get better recognition there. I tried to keep the same format as the origional credits so i used my name to fill the spaces. i am by no means a modeler. lol cheers
www.x-21.tk
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

The sound was bad - Voices, I could barely hear them, the music level was good.

Effects were fantastic! I loved the plane cockpit! Reminds me of my flight-sim building days at school!

The light sabre definetly should have chopped that storm-trooper's leg off! The dubbed voices (Stormtrooper and Darthy guy) are at the right sound level, and mood music is also well cheographed!

Scene opening and transitions play really well into the whole Star-wars theme. I can't otherwise fault it really, it's great!

LOL! Acting isn't quite hollywood, but it's entertaining all the same! Very well done!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Great effort ,liked the film. Anything to be said has allready.

You might want to spell check the intro I noticed a couple of mistakes
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

There was something about that intro that just didn't look right. Was it the typeface perhaps? I don't know.
Moderating behind the bushes!