Music for films

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sevandija

Music for films

Post by Sevandija »

Hi,

I'm a composer and I can make music for your next film.

Listen to my demos here: www.sonicdaze.com

Take a special look to Dr. Caligari's ofice, a 1920 silent movie clip, not so silent any more. :wink:

More recently, I've scored an upcoming space shooting indie game. This are the Higlights:

http://www.sonicdaze.com/demos/briefing.wma

http://www.sonicdaze.com/demos/action.wma

Learn more about the game: http://shadowstars.spellcasterstudios.com

If you are interested in High quality music, just contact me.

See you soon
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

So...are you going to do this for FREE? The is pretty good, if you're doin it for free, then can you compose for a few of my movies?
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
Sevandija

Post by Sevandija »

Hi, mercenary

Thank you for your interest.

Unfortunatly (or fortunatly for me) I'm not working for free anymore :) Sorry.

Maybe if your movies are good quality movies, aiming to enter some kind of festival where it will be seen, and give some kind of exposure, maybe then we can make some deal, who knows?

Tell me more about your movies, what quantity of music you would need and we will talk about it.

See you :)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hey, cool. Nice to come into contact with another fellow composer! Except I've never charged a person for writing a piece. :)
Sevandija

Music for film

Post by Sevandija »

Epsilon wrote:Hey, cool. Nice to come into contact with another fellow composer! Except I've never charged a person for writing a piece. :)
Hi Epsilon, nice to hear from you. :D

If you don't charge anything that is very good.
It means you are a rich guy.
You allready have the money to pay all your bills in the end of the month, you have all the money you need to buy new hardware gear, high quality samples and software.
you have plenty of spare time to work in a non profit project, because you allready don't need the money.

I wish I could be like you, man. :(

But let me say something to you, of the record, just a litlle advice I had from some really professional guys: If you intend to be a pro someday, you must charge something.
The guys that now ask you for free music, are the guys that will not hire you when they have money to spend.
It's like going to a supermarket: That thing costs 1£ and that other, with a big name but maybe equivalent in quality (sometimes whorse) costs 19.99£.

I can bet that IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY to spend, you buy the 19.99.

It's stupid, I know, but it's human.

To end this long message: Maybe you should mail Mercenary, the guy that posted before you. He is looking for free music.

See you
Passit

Post by Passit »

Sounds pretty good mate. i agree with you, if youve got aspirations to go further in composing for films then your right to charge.

i use mainstream stuff as i havent yet entered any competitions. Music is so important and using original music can really make a film individual. i have the chance to work with a very talented friend who has a music studio to produce an original soundtrack for a film im producing and i am well exited about it! film music has always interested me so keep up the good work!
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

I'm all about paying for compositions, when I can afford them, so he's right in every way...thats why my movie "Preeminent Chaos" had such an awesome soundtrack (cause my guitar teacher did the score) but the movie was so bad. lol
"Prolly Just Film"
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Hey , i'm working on a production that needs music scored.. I'm going to need to look at your work before considering though. I'll look at them, and give you a PM.
Sigs suck a**.
Sevandija

Post by Sevandija »

Hi again

I3lade203, I hope you like what you hear in my website, but you must consider two new informations:

1st- I bought very recently a part of the best sound library available in the world, for orchestra instruments. (Epsilon, it cost me more then 1000 USD, so this is why I need the money :wink: )

I'm talking about the OPUS 1 from the Vienna Symphonic Library. I still ad not the time to familiarize myself with it (more than 17 Gigas of fantastic instruments sounds :D ) but as soon as I master it a huge improvement in my compositions overall sound is expected.

2nd- My new work is still not available in the site. It's a short video8 movie for a festival. The festival was yesterday, here in Lisbon, Portugal.

Nevertheless you guys can hear it in the folowing link:

www.sonicdaze.com/demos/hope.wmv (4,8 megas)

I hope you like it.

see you, sorry for any mistakes in my English 8)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I'm not That rich. My main source of money comes from 3d modeling and animation. I'm get $1-2k a project, so it helps a lot. I know what you mean in expensive! :) A hobby my father and I went into was professionally recording wind/brass ensembles and orchestras. That was fun, and we'd invested thousands in hardware like mixers and recorders, plus a ton of studio microphones. lol Composing is something I've always wanted to pursue. I'm a clarinetist and I know this will be a large influence towrds future writings.

The big thing I've been working for a while is my symphony. Once, I start nearing completion (whether if it takes me another year or two) then I'll have to work with Dr. Walicki some. I've talked with Frank Ticheli, and I'm hoping I could study with him for a year in the future.

What I still need to improve here is my sound setup. It getting better, but still kinda tinny, midi. It's not a large concern right now, mostly I've focused elsewhere, like in the actual writing. I use Finale which I like, though I need to learn speed writing in it. I've discovered I can hear most of the parts in my head over relying on my midi's capability. After playing with orchestras for so long, it's amazing to just "feel" the music. :) That's the greatest part about it!

The only reason I never charge anybody is because I never have done anything for anyone here at MattHawkins! But with friends around, if they want a little something, which sometimes they do request, I'll just write it up for fun. I've orchestrated a few melodies from friends. I figure we all get something from it, much experience on my part. A few little songs I've made for them end up on their websites. Hopefully, the larger scale I go toward, I may have a symphony orchestra able to perform my work faster than I realize, but time will tell that. I've have great contacts with the Pacific Symphony, they premiere many compositions here on the west coast. This area and Hollywood depends so much on who you know. I'm trying to lead my ambitions on, but luck plays another factor.

As much as I want to hear your music, windows media hasn't worked since I rebuilt this system. We're running an 8 computer network for rendering, and it's screwed up all sorts of things! lol If you have it in another file format, let me know! :D Enough said, today.