3DMax7

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

negusproductions

3DMax7

Post by negusproductions »

I just got 3dmax7 yesterday. I've purchased books on how to use it. I have no clue as to how to use it. It seems so complicated. Can anyone point me to some easy tutorials to get me started?
jharris

Post by jharris »

The tutorials that come with 3d's Max are great, although I can see the advantages of print over staring into a limited screen space whilst trying to check your email.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Upload it onto the net and give me a link (to 3dsmax 7!) :D :D :D :D :D
bangoker

Post by bangoker »

.....so you are saying you bought a 4000 dollars program without knowing anything about it??? not even a course or something??

well....its a little tought to learn, but once you get it, you can do really cool stuff. And you ALWAYS find new things you can do
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

depends on what you want tutorials for. try www.tutorialized.com or 3dlinks.com (i think). if i had been you id at least have tryied the demo first. But then again i wouldnt spend $4000 on something like that anyway. But if you have (or had) the money, thats cool. i have 3ds max 6 and youll learn it fast, just make a goal for yourself, like im gonna model _____, then search for tutorials and learn how to model using different techniques and maybe animate it at the end.
Baggage:::: www.criticalcows.ne1.net
New episode coming by the end of the month!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Start with something simple. Use the help manual that comes with the book, trust me it will help you a lot. Learn the basics and tequinques rather then learning tutorails like " How to blow up a house " or " How to model a jet plane " or " Bullet time" .. you get the idea. If you do specifics, you may learn somewhat what your doing, but you will deffintly not know it as well as if you read the manual it came with. Why are people so ignorent that they take one look at how big it is , and come here for help?
Sigs suck a**.
negusproductions

3dMax7

Post by negusproductions »

Thanks all

Actually, I can model little things. Perhaps I should be more specific. I'm trying to animate models to make them look realistic (ie the wall crawling scenes in Spiderman).
Why are people so ignorent that they take one look at how big it is , and come here for help?
Is that really called for? Especially from someone who can't even spell ignorant correctly :twisted:
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: 3dMax7

Post by ALove »

you got served. i will be purchacing maya in the future, it is half the price of 3ds max (on an academic discount) and i am just searching the web for tutorials.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

negusproductions I wouldn't worry about what I3lade says - he can't post without making some insulting comment!
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Don't insult Blade.

Learn Reactor dude! its fun! FUN FUN FUN! FUN FUN FUN!

Actually Blade, blowing up a house and bullet time would be TONNES easier than Mo-Cap. Which is what your leaning to isnt it?