What I could use for greenscreen

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

V|Esquilaxer

What I could use for greenscreen

Post by V|Esquilaxer »

Could I use a bunch of green cardboard papers on a wall for a greenscreen.

Or is it worth it to buy fabric that is green?
OPL Productions - [url]http://www.opl-bordeaux.tk[/url] home of Dead Conspiracy.
____
http://www.sht.ca/media/trailer_dc_high.wmv
TheMonkeyMan

Post by TheMonkeyMan »

A lot of stuff! You could go buy Green paint from a hardware store and paint a wall with it, or just a 4x8 sheet of wood, or you could go find any solid green material. Like a tablecloth as was used here. Your idea would probably work, but be very time consuming if you wanted a very big screen. In fact my mom is in town right now and knew I wanted some green material to make a screen and she found some for me at the fabric store that was $1.50 a yard. So she got what was left of it which was like 3 yards. Im going to make my screen about 4.5 ft x 7 ft, just enough to stand in front of right now.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

No, don't use cardboard. Go to a fabric store, you can get green fabric 9 feet hieght 20 in width for about 20$ the most.
Sigs suck a**.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Fabric is probably not ideal, though it is more ideal than your original idea. Painting a wall or a few piece of drywall or plywood would give optimum results. A solid, flat surface will be much easier to evenly light than fabric, which can wrinkle and curve.
Erm... yeah...
V|Esquilaxer

Post by V|Esquilaxer »

Wait. Why not cardboard? You know those project presentation large size papers, for a dollar for 1.

Why not that?

Maybe the kind-of waxy surface would make reflection problems. Would that be a concern for post-production.
OPL Productions - [url]http://www.opl-bordeaux.tk[/url] home of Dead Conspiracy.
____
http://www.sht.ca/media/trailer_dc_high.wmv
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Browncow has the best idea. If your seriously going to get a greenscreen, why not do it right?
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

You are all wrong except for TheMonkeyMan. The correct answer is there is no right answer. Just try out many different things until you find something suitable for the project. Where cardboard may work great for one project, fabric may be better for another.

I've used cardboard, foamboard, bedsheets, and even CD cases for color screens. As long as it works, it matters not what it's made of!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah, but some things work better then others epsilon. If you can get an easier keying becuase you do one way over another , why create more work for your self?
Sigs suck a**.
Gino

Post by Gino »

I used a large Canvas and a bucket of green paint. But don't buy it from an art shop you will get ripped off. Go to Home Depot and get drape cloth
(canvas) and buy some green house paint. Much cheaper
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

as long as it comes up bright green on video you can use anything... doesnt matter what you use.
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

BrownCow's idea sounds good to me, but anyway I'm going to go try the fabric idea when i get a good amount of money...or need a car scene.
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

The worst thing i tried was a blue duvet sheet. Honestly it was all wrinkled so the background was all wavy, i was just muckin about though to test it but it looked absolute s***
Meade87

Post by Meade87 »

What I use it 300x30 Table Cloth that you can buy at a local party supply store for like $13bucks. You keep it wrapped in the roll and their is enough to cover variouse walls in a room neatly and evenly and it works very well! Could use green could use blue and even red! Adobe Keys it out very good and so does Vegas Video [Hell if Vegas can key it anyone can] but I suggest the Adobe After Effects for Keying After Effects 6.5 comes with very good award winning keying software. I know it is expensive you could also get a student discount on it or even buy it off ebay like I did.
-Rob(NYC)
[url]http://www.geocities.com/rmactor[/url]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I3lade203 wrote:Yeah, but some things work better then others epsilon. If you can get an easier keying becuase you do one way over another , why create more work for your self?
Did you not even read my post? lol I know your point, you just repeated my last post simply. :)
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Parallax wrote:as long as it comes up bright green on video you can use anything... doesnt matter what you use.
I'm gonna have to go with this one. Get some thing big, bright green, and if you can key it out, you can use it. Whatever you do, don't go out spending 80$ or something on a greenscreen just becuase it's labled "profesinal" Hell, I wouldn't spend more then 15$ on something for a greenscreen.
Sigs suck a**.