cheap cameras

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

wildabeast009

cheap cameras

Post by wildabeast009 »

You might have seen my thread on sponsoring my film. In order to not have to rasie as much money, I need a cheaper camera. Could you tell me the cheapest 16:9 camera with a mic. input? I've looked in several places and can't find anything. I would prefer DV or D8, but anything will do. As long as its cheap. I thought you might know of something.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Want cheap? Go eBay! :)
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: cheap cameras

Post by BrownCowStudios »

wildabeast009 wrote:Could you tell me the cheapest 16:9 camera with a mic. input?
You're not going to find many cheap cameras "true" 16:9 cameras. If you're talking about an anamorphic squeeze (which essentially crops 12.5% from the top and bottom), which I assume you are (hence the VX2100), then you'll be able to find one quite easily. Most consumer cams in the $500 range (even cheaper) should have what you're looking for. I believe the Canon ZR series cams have this feature. Look around some more. When looking for a new camera, you must look until you want to put a gun to your head, and then continue looking.
Erm... yeah...
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

Yeah I saw some good $500 Canon cameras the other day. When I say 16:9, I mean real 16:9. I'm assuming that's what lens adapters are. I could be wrong.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
redrobinonline

Post by redrobinonline »

besides ebay are there any other places to get really cheap cameras?
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

bhphotovideo is a good place (also very trustworthy, or so i hear)
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

wildabeast009 wrote:When I say 16:9, I mean real 16:9.
Not going to happen unless you're willing to shell out the cash. You'll have to settle for generic 16:9. If you were content with the VX2100's 16:9, you'll be fine with any camera that boasts 16:9, as the VX2100's 16:9 is among the worst.

You can always buy an anamorphic adaptor. This will give you true 16:9 (widens the field of view), however, it'll run your bill up another $800.

By true 16:9, I mean simply that there is no cropping of the image involved, and that the field of view is actually wider than in 4:3. The pixel height of a true 16:9 image should retain the same vertical resolution of 480 pixels (NTSC), whereas an image cropped to 16:9 from 4:3 will yeild a vertical resolution of 364 pixels (NTSC).

As you can see, true 16:9 is desired, but not always available on our limited budgets.
Erm... yeah...
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

You won't start finding true widescreen formats in digital video until you start reaching camcorders with interchangable lenses. You are looking at least $4,000+