Firewire Problem aka IEEE 1394

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Firewire Problem aka IEEE 1394

Post by lethelgirth87 »

My firewire card doesn't appear in the device manager, thats my biggest problem, but it works on my other pc, so I'm really pumped and am prolly going to buy new. I just wanted to know if any of your knew what was wrong. My firewire card doesn't have the name of the manufacturer on it nor does the box, and it didn't come with drivers. So, I will prolly just buy new. If anyone can help me that would be great.
"Prolly Just Film"
pan-modo_pictures
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pan-modo_pictures »

Make sure the card is in the pci slot all the way. When I built my new computer I accidentaly didn't put it in all the way, and I thought I zapped it or something, but I took a look at it and it was not put in all the way. Or you could have destroyed it via an emi, but I doubt it. Just try taking it out of the slot, and reinstalling it.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It may also be that your computer needs a required update for it to work. Check both computers in service packs, driver updates, etc...
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

K, well heres the update, evidently my bottom 2 pci slots don't work, cause I switched it to the slot right next to the agp slot, and it works perfectlly now, so either they don't work, their 16 bit, or my friend dennis sweated on them and shorted them out. lol
"Prolly Just Film"