Sponsoring Films

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

wildabeast009

Sponsoring Films

Post by wildabeast009 »

Yeah, well I'm planning on my next film being sponsored. I need Sony camera, its got all the wide screen and such. It's the DCR-VX2100. And since I don't have $3000 sitting around the house, I am going to have to get sponsors. Do you have any tips or useful pointers to get people to sponsor me?
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

How old are you? Not many people are willing to sponser a kid, besides your parents that is.
Sigs suck a**.
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

I'm 16.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah, not many people are going to sponser a 16 year old with 3,000 $. You can try rasing money in anyway you can, for example you can do a can drive, where you get people to give you soda cans which you can exchange for 5cents in a supermarket. That people will do, but it will take you a lot of cans to raise money, I think it was 2000 for 100$.
Sigs suck a**.
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

Hmmm...There are some local buisnesses aorund town I might be able to get to donate something. I'll try anyway. I'm not saying get one person/company to sponser it all either. Oh well. I'll see what happens.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Its hard to find people to give you money, most people are just like, you want money, you have to get a job and make it yourself. Its just the way it is.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Blade, you would be surprised. Don't say because he is 16 they won't give him money. If someone finds probable cause, they just may....it depends on the trust he portrays upon first meeting.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

The trick to getting sponsors, is make sure there is something in it for them. Trust me we've been beating the sponsor bushes for months for the TV show, most of what we have come up with so far is in trade... We did the web sites for the two TV stations owned by the company that owns the station carrying outr show.. got $7000 worth of commercial time from them, swapping commercials with Local radio stations. We have a couple of cash advertisers, but it's a tough nut to crack. Our bigget problem right now, is we can't tell them exactly how many viewers we'll have. So far we've gotten about 10,000 worth of 'stuff', and most of it was in trade deals, we give them ads and they give us ads... or products... there are two things you need...
a track record helps, in fact it's almost required
and be able to give them something in return.
Age isn't the absolute stopping barrier, but a sponsor is going to want to know what credit or exposure they get, and how many people will see it where....
Best of luck with your venture - just go in prepared for the questions....
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Themovieman44 wrote:Blade, you would be surprised. Don't say because he is 16 they won't give him money. If someone finds probable cause, they just may....it depends on the trust he portrays upon first meeting.
Note I said not MANY , that dosn't mean all, but if you think about it I mean not a lot of companys would do that, mabye some.. and whats the company getting out of him getting a 3,000 $ camera?
Sigs suck a**.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

go out, get a job, earn money, dont beg. I mean u can ask, sure, but dont be like "im desperate" or something...
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

I was going to be really nice and formal. I was also going to offer them commercial time somewhere in the movie. Mabee after the credits or something. Actually I really don't need that much anyway. I had high hopes. A cheaper 16:9 camera would be great. The only thing I'm looking for really is 16:9 and a microphone in. The only ones I saw were WAY out of my price range. If you know of a cheap camera, like that, please tell me.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Truggy wrote:go out, get a job, earn money, dont beg. I mean u can ask, sure, but dont be like "im desperate" or something...
I agree with truggy, you should just get a job and save up.. but do you REALLY think they care about commercial time in a 16 year olds movie? No offense or anything of course..
Sigs suck a**.
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

It's not just some crappy little home film. It's going to be in contests and such. There is going to a HUGE amount of effort put into this.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

That may be, but that dosn't mean a companys going to blieve that.
Sigs suck a**.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Blade just stop being a prick, if you don't have constructive critisism or a way to help then don't say anything at all, all's you do is post useless s***, and it's getting annoying. Go play in a dark room or traffic or something, seen as you aren't making films.

Wildabeast, I say at least try....nothing will come from it unless you do.

I recently was trying to secure a location....it took 10 restraunts before I found one willing to cooperate so....all I can say is keep trying, find that one person with confidence. Also always be prepared and look professional No matter what your age!
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

Thanks movieman. Thats some help. Does anyone know the cheapest 16:9 camera with a mic. input? So I won't have to raise that much.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

lol, movieman, i'm just giving him the truth, not many big companys sponser 16 year olds unless they are REALLY damn good.
Sigs suck a**.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I wouls search around....check out http://www.bhphotovideo.com You might be able to find what you want there.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Html dosn't work in threads, it's [ url , yeah BNH is where I got my camera, it has lots of good stuff there.
Sigs suck a**.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Blade, shut the hell up....we are done talking to you and your negative self.....unless you have the support and motivation to get out there and do it nothing will happen, and with you telling him it won't then it won't just shut up with your negitivity.....please
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Negitivity is'nt always bad, if we all praised him and said, yeah go ask all these major companys, and then they throw him away like a piece of garabage, then how do you think hes going to feel? In truth it's hard to find a good sponser, but I didn't say impossible. If he really trys i'm sure he can, and if you really don't like my comments, then ignore them, becuase i'm not stopping.
Sigs suck a**.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Well you are actually getting quite annoying, you notice you post the most posts a day.....you need to get out and make a film....that is why this is a filmmaking forum......and negitivity will only make him not want to go out.....there is always satisfaction in knowing you tried then not knowing at all. Trust me Blade, if you did work then you would know.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah well, I am working on a film, just a higher buget one which I'm still raising money for. Yeah and don't post some bullshit reply like "Yeah right all talk no action.." Or " You've been bragging since forever" becuae I have been braging forever, becuase i've been saving for that long, and still am! I know to you guys it's low buget filmmaking, but if I want to spend my money this way, then I don't see why you guys give a cr**.
Sigs suck a**.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I3lade203 wrote:I know to you guys it's low buget filmmaking, but if I want to spend my money this way, then I don't see why you guys give a cr**.
Sounds like you're talking down to us.

Well do you plan on hiring a DP for this film?

Since you're spending all your time on prep for this film, you'll be rusty a** hell come time to shoot it. So unless you plan on hiring a DP and a whole crew, I suggest you continue to make films while you work on this masterpiece.

Trust me, most of us are doing doing what you're doing, however, taking a different approach. We all have a larger project that we're planning on doing in time. But in the mean time, what are we doing? Making films. Experience.
Erm... yeah...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

No i'm not talking down on you, in the past when I posted saying i'm doing something with a high buget someone would come up and ALWAYS say " THIS IS LOW BUGET AMATUER FILM MAKING!! " and it annoyed me. Oh, i'm always praticing, just nothing sugnificant enough to post here. I am making stuff, and trust me if I had the actors right now I would do a lot more right now then I can
Sigs suck a**.