DVD+R help

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Shay

DVD+R help

Post by Shay »

I was wondering if you could put DV video onto a DVD+R. Somewhere i heard that you could not. I need to know this because my DVD burner will only burn DVD+R/DVD+RW.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Welcome to MH!

To answer your question, you can put video on both a DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW, it doesn't matter, it just depends what the DVD player is compatable with. I use DVD+R's all the time for my personal projects as well as for other people, and I have never gotten complaints of incompatability.

I heard that one day, one of the formats will be phased out, either + or -, in fact there are advocacy groups for each one that are constantly fighting :shock: . But no one is sure which will be eliminated, so you should be fine right now.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Shay

Post by Shay »

Thanks for the help, I'm going to burn a copy of my movies right away.
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

Yea, it might be to your advantage also to buy a dual format DVD burner. So when the time comes to phase out one type of DVD, you'll be ready.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]