Airsoft owners....not the same ol airsoft post...

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Skitz-O-Phrenia

Airsoft owners....not the same ol airsoft post...

Post by Skitz-O-Phrenia »

I want to know who all has what airsoft guns and which look the best on film.

I have 2 airsoft guns

STI Edge P288- very good looking gun, looks great on film indoors and out.
MP5A6- shiney plastic makes it look fake in really good lighting. would only recommend indoor use.

info, questions...postem here
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I have an airsoft gun, "SMITH AND WESSON" I've never really used it in any of my movies yet but I've done a few test shots with the gun in them and it looked pretty good.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I have a bunch of airsoft guns, but I don't use them anymore - I'm starting to use blank fireing guns now, they look real as hell, and they shot on set meaning muzzle flashes will look really good, if you can, I suggest getting some.
Sigs suck a**.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

A sweet Glock 33, looks really good, and has a barrel & clip extension, so it's like two guns in one. I've also got three AK-997's
Which are okay, not the best quality. Two of them have the orange tips painted over, the third is left bare (I actually use it for shooting outside, don't want to get arrested). Spent less than $30 on the whole lot.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
cantoloupe

Post by cantoloupe »

just wondering, I3lade, what kinda budget are you running on? cause you keep talking about "having an xl1 and planning one getting another one" and blank guns cost like 200 bucks.....

also, UF productions, wher'd you get those? (a link maybe) , that looks pretty good!

i have a P99 from airsplat, looks kinda plastic-y on camera, but great for shooting stuff
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

my recent one i bought my dad thought was a real gun....yeah....
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

http://store1.yimg.com/I/replicaweaponry_1808_4473048

This it what mine looks like except I painted the muzzle black. This picture makes the muzzle look bigger than it really is. It does look pretty good on camera. Oh! I also took of the sight because on the real thing it looks dumb.
POTUS

Post by POTUS »

Blank firing is probably the way to go, but I have a classic AK-47 airsoft not to mention the trademark German MP-40, which was a really cool aquisition. But if you're a low-budget film maker, it's not bad to invest in airsoft, and a little black spray paint. Because really, every American movie goer is potentially expecting a cooler the second you add the staple elemtent of guns.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

cantoloupe wrote:just wondering, I3lade, what kinda budget are you running on? cause you keep talking about "having an xl1 and planning one getting another one" and blank guns cost like 200 bucks.....

also, UF productions, wher'd you get those? (a link maybe) , that looks pretty good!

i have a P99 from airsplat, looks kinda plastic-y on camera, but great for shooting stuff
I said 20$ not 200... and i'm on a 20-30 buget.

I have an xl1s, but for my production i'll be shooting on other cameras.
Sigs suck a**.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I got all four guns from my local dollar store, however the AK-997's are all over eBay, just do a Google search with the keywords "AK-997 airsoft" and the first hunded or so matches will be for eBay. The Glock is identical to this one:

http://www.affordableairsoft.com/index. ... D=295&HS=1

But I'm not sure if it includes the extra clip and barrel extension.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Man, you Americans are lucky, the only way to get airsoft guns here is to pray the cops havent raided the black markets yet! :D

Oh, and by the way, thats a Beretta M92F, not a Ak-997 or whatever. :D

http://www.affordableairsoft.com/index. ... &ProdID=79

now, all you need is a digital flash :D
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

That sucks nazi, where are you , asturilia?
Sigs suck a**.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Melbourne, Australia. NOT "asturilia" dont know where you got that from? :P
budgetguy

Post by budgetguy »

i have a few fakes including a Steyr AUG, which is great cause since the real gun is made of a type of plastic, it doesnt look fake. The others though are blatently fake, does anyone know a way to paint them to make them seem more metallic?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Use a metalic look spray paint. Glossy black might work, but silver spraypaint (if done patiently) will render a very nice finish. Yeah, the AK-997's are definatly Berreta ripoff's, but there's no difference, and the airsoft Berreta's cost a helluva lot more than six bucks Canadian!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Blade you have all this stuff, which I honestly don't believe you have, and you have all these items, but you have yet to produce a film for us to see....if you ask me you are a huge FRAUD!
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Ive got (after clearing out my large inventory of airsoft weaponry):
electric blowback desert-eagle (pull trigger and slide flies back, useful for filming)
super 9 sniper rifle (def. a gd looking item, with ejecting shells)
un-branded machine pistol (jus got it cuz it looks gd, £3 though)

I buy most my airsoft guns cuz they have a realistic characteristic

PS: cool, Im a senior member
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

I have a TON of prop guns, quite a few are airsoft, here they are.

27 1/2 in. AK47 toy gun
two 27 in. M-16s (which I don't use)
electric blow-back desert eagle airsoft gun
Beretta M92F airsoft gun (was originally black, but resprayed it with a TON of stuff, don't use it)
electric blow-back TaurusPT92 airsoft gun (broke, only clicks alot when try to use it)
two small Beretta M92F toy clicker gun
Glock 17 airsoft gun
SIG 550 airsoft rifle
AKS74-U airsoft rifle
some kinda .45ACP sporty lookin' airsoft gun
HK MP5 airsoft gun
HK MP5K/ MP5K PDW airsoft gun
HK MP5 SD3 airsoft gun
Ingram M11 toy dart pistol (M11 sounds cool doesn't it?)
.357 mag revolver clicker toy (don't use)
shotgun (without stock, looks like pistol grip now) toy dart gun
pistol grip shotgun toy dart gun
SPAS-12 assualt shotgun (I broke the barrel and accessory barrel off the first day I got it)
three Czech pistols battery operated clickers

Anyway, I'm sure no one wants to hear the whole list.
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
camiziodeltoro

Post by camiziodeltoro »

I use blank pistols 8 and 9 mm, modelguns with plug fire caps blowback and some airsoft rifles, mainly m16 a1 and a2 and a kalashnikov, also have a mauser rifle that fires 8mm balnks and a M1 garand wich also fires 8mm blanks, got some 30 prop handgrenades, all models, baseball, lemon aNd pineapple.
even though i rather not use the blank guns(they are just too loud on set) it gives the best effect. because no matter how much muzzleflashes you add in post, nothing can beat the violen force of a gun going off.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Thats true, but I3lade does have all these items he says, chat with him on MSn messenger and hell send u pics! :D
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Heh, I bet some of you guys were waiting for me to chip in.. ;)

Yes I admit, the film idea we had fell through (big surprise there!) but I'm still interested!

Anyway, as some people said, I feel the best airsoft guns to go for for film use (although many of what has been mentioned pushes the definition of "airsoft") are those which are plastic-looking in real life, such as the AUG and my personal favourite, the G36c (only because I have one of course!). Glocks and other non-steel pistols, like the P99 (I think) also look particularly good. Obviously you can get airsoft pistols and rifles with metal receivers/slides etc., and even full-auto rifles that expel shell casings, but then you're talking serious money. Which I personally believe is overkill anyway. Another reason I like my G36c is that it doesn't creak (unlike the cheaper spring rifles), it's not too shiny, has a realistic weight, a very nice folding stock, is immediately modifiable (I currently have a red dot scope and vertical grip) and has replica rounds in its (realistically) semi-transparent magazine which can be clipped together like the real thing. I can post a pic if people are interested.

Obviously blank firers are the way to go for ultimate realism, but not everyone can afford or use them. It also depends on how much focus you intend to put on the guns. I've found in the films I've watched (even some older 'professional' films!) the thing which is almost impossible to get right is the recoil. Heh, I even remember seeing a white BB go flying out of a pistol shot in "Eight Legged Freaks"! EBB's are in some ways better than basic springers - however sometimes the build quality is poorer. The slide doesn't recoil half as far as it should (and with hardly any force) - some GBB pistols, especially the more expensive Western Arms models, can be almost identical in look, weight and function as a real pistol. Full-auto rifle recoil is almost impossible to realistically fake.

I've just realised that I've hardly contributed anything, once again, but hey! I fancied replying :P.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I have exactly 2 airsoft guns, and one model.
I have a single chrome deasert eagle .50 airsoft, a crappy AK-47 airsoft (I can't use it because the mechanism that holds the clip on broke a week after I bought it [mepissed] )
And I have a model gun that I bought at the super market for $7 and then spray painted it black.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

2 Uzis
1 M16A2
2 AK47s (one regular, one is a Beta Spetsnaz - special forces version)
2 Colt .45s
1 Desert Eagle
3 MP40s
1 Thompson
1 Ithaca 187 pump action shotgun

I'm pretty much set for weaponry for the time being.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I just bought a second Glock, they are amazing! I just wish there was somewhere that I could buy large airsoft guns. (Assault rifles, shotguns, etc...)
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

Hey SKitz, I have a an MP5A6 too, I think mine is made by Neonfire, if yours is too then, just fill up the screw holes with hot glue, sand down the bulges of glue, spray the entire thing with glossy black paint, and booyah! There ya have it.
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...