Horrors of War - trailer/scene

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

sonnyboo

Horrors of War - trailer/scene

Post by sonnyboo »

Check out the "trailer-scene" for our World War II horror feature - CLICK HERE TO SEE "Horrors of War". How many times have you seen a trailer & then the movie sucked? We want to demonstrate that we can actually tell a story, so we choose to do a teaser scene from the beginning of the movie and use that as our "trailer".

3 min 30 sec scene (plus a seperate 1 min FX demo)

CLICK HERE TO SEE CLIPS

More shooting on Sept 18th. There's a D-Day re-enactment and we'll be there with several film cameras to get some shots.

Now there's an NBC news interview I did on the site...
http://horrorsofwar.sonnyboo.com/nbc.htm

- Peter John Ross
http://www.sonnyboo.com
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Umm .. you posted this before in social and chating... :roll: the props were amazing, the story sucks, the acting is good, the editing ranges from bad to good.

The nbc interview is pretty cool, did they contact you or you contact them?
Sigs suck a**.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Listen I3lade, just because you dont care for the story doesnt mean it sucks. I for one dont like science fiction or Predator movies all that much, but I'm not critisizing your ideas. I think he's dont a good job on it (exceot for the switching actors thing, thats kinda confusing I must say).
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

YEAH! I don't like Predator movies, and I3lade called me the following on MSN about it yesterday!:

wow you REALLY suck
everbody loves predator... excecpt werid people
werido
I mean seriously theres something about predator you didnt like
mabye you got scared ;P
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

I3lade203 wrote:Umm .. you posted this before in social and chating... :roll: the props were amazing, the story sucks, the acting is good, the editing ranges from bad to good.

The nbc interview is pretty cool, did they contact you or you contact them?

Uhhmm I added the link the the NBC news story in this one. Didn't know it was a crime. Couldn't find that post.

You are entitled to your opinions, and since this is a public forum, you can even post them. Since I'm sur ethere are movies I like that you don't, it doesn't really effect me too much. I'm afraid I won't go scramlbing going "Oh my God! Some anonymous person on the Internet thinks my story sucks! I have to rethink our entire script now!!!!

The props are all authentic. These guys are serious re-enactors with real guns and equipment from WWII.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Some people :roll: .. every has an opinion , and mine is the story needs work. Just becuase I think so dosn't mean you have to explode deadlogic.. I never said the movie sucks. I said I dont think the story is the best.

film fanatic wrote:YEAH! I don't like Predator movies, and I3lade called me the following on MSN about it yesterday!:

wow you REALLY suck
everbody loves predator... excecpt werid people
werido
I mean seriously theres something about predator you didnt like
mabye you got scared ;P
Yeah and I never said any of that , you just edited what I said. I called you a werido as a pokeing fun joke but you can't take that seriously can you? Seesh grow up!
Uhhmm I added the link the the NBC news story in this one. Didn't know it was a crime. Couldn't find that post.

OH! Must have been deleted autmaticly due to lack of posts. That happens in S&C.

And your movie looks good, don't listen to these guys just becuase I personally think the story sucks dosn't mean a damned thing. If im going to see WWII personally I like it to be fact rather then fantasy, but thats just me. Otherwise the movie looks good, just some compstoing could have been done a little better.
Sigs suck a**.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I like the story alot, not saying that's what I would do with all those props, equipment, etc. But it's good to see someone comeing up with something original and actually producing something. Unlike our friend I3lade here. Anywho, I just watched the NBC news report, that is very interesting. By the way thanks for putting out the good word to all of us independent filmmakers. Great work.
@seanbagley
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Grow up :roll:
Sigs suck a**.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

This is off subject but, Sonnyboo would you happen to know of a place in Ohio called the Hollywood Dream Factory? I bought some clappers from them that are really good.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Now that I rewatch it, the story seems pretty good actaully. I look foward to the film, I thought it was about ghost germans or something, turns out it was different then I thought.
Sigs suck a**.
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Kentertainment wrote:This is off subject but, Sonnyboo would you happen to know of a place in Ohio called the Hollywood Dream Factory? I bought some clappers from them that are really good.
I bought my first slate from there. I ordered online, but I haven't heard of them in a while. I never went to their store in Toledo, that's 3 hours away from where I am. I still have my original slate from them.

Different strokes for different folks. If any filmmaker has the delusion that EVERYONE will like their story, then they need to get an injection of Reality.

I'm quite sure there are movies I like, that other people don't. Example Aliens vs. Predator sucked a**.
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

Yes, it did! I hate all of the Predator movies!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

AVP did suck, the storyline was horrible, the fighting was stupid, and the location was kind of stupid as well.. when AVP 2 comes out, hopefull it will be a lot better
Sigs suck a**.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

AVP 2?

And I thought you like AVP.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I like AVP the concept, the movie lacked a lot.
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Oh you people are Cruel (thinking of I3lade203's posts at this time)!

I'm downloading and going to review this trailer. You shall hear from me shortly. :)

EDIT:

Okay, I just watched it. Well, the story is interesting. I hope you guys can pull it off alright. It's dangerous to dig up a historical event and add something new. Best of luck.

The camerawork was good, but not as great as it could have been. The running scene was a little too shakey. Try constructing some weighted balances just the test out a steadicam concept.

A note on the FX: American bombers at that time could fly no problem with an engine out. In fact, it could fly perfectly well with two engines out. One is a challenge, but possible. Zero, you're pretty much screwed. An engine fire won't bring an aircraft down, although there's a nice chance of detonating the fuel in the wing structure. A nifty effect, altogether. I also like how you doubled the platoon.

How in the blazes did you afford to use 35mm film?
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Maybe he had alot of money?
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Nope. That entire scene was shot for less than $600 US. Getting short ends and working for/with other filmmakers, ones with 35mm film packages, helps alot. When you work for other people, they will work for you. Do a lot of things that benefit someone other than yourself, and it pays off in the end.

As for the planes... it's a movie, not a reality show (I thought that was obvious.... : ) ) In the sound track the ME jet continues firing on the B-17 which is what shoots it down. Online, you cannot see the bullet trails, compression removes them, but on the big screen you can see them just fine.
Nomaden

Post by Nomaden »

wow, I loved the special effects, the planes looked really good, did you do them youself?
I liked how you showed when you composited the effects, but I don't know why you had to do it... but it's cool, keep up the good work :)

...doh, okay, whatched the wrong thing....I'll get back to you when I've seen the real trailer :P
Once upon a time, there were three little pigs and a big bad wolf...maybe you've heard it ;P
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I've done 3d composites like that and they are fun! Under fire, huh? If I were them walking under a burning plane, I think I'd be running for cover! :) It's nice though. Keep up the good work!
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Don Drennan did the 3D effects, matte paintings, and visual FX. We had to make CGI planes because there are only 4 B-17's that can still fly, and we had less than $600, so they wouldn't crash & burn the real plane for us...

All of the muzzle flashes are real from the blanks. The make up effects were done by Troy.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I don't believe ANY Hollywood production can afford to crash a real B-17.

So that's how you got your muzzle flashes so damn nice... they were real!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

sonnyboo wrote:Nope. That entire scene was shot for less than $600 US. Getting short ends and working for/with other filmmakers, ones with 35mm film packages, helps alot. When you work for other people, they will work for you. Do a lot of things that benefit someone other than yourself, and it pays off in the end.

As for the planes... it's a movie, not a reality show (I thought that was obvious.... : ) ) In the sound track the ME jet continues firing on the B-17 which is what shoots it down. Online, you cannot see the bullet trails, compression removes them, but on the big screen you can see them just fine.
So you got people to convert the film for you? If so , wow damn, teach me your tricks of trade ;)
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

He did tell you. The moral is: do favors for others and you'll never know what others may do for you in return.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Well, like I read! Haha, anyway what did you do for them?
Sigs suck a**.