the 30 INCH! flat panel monitor....

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

the 30 INCH! flat panel monitor....

Post by Jass Films »

For those of you who haven't heard, apple have just released a remarkable 30 inch flat panel monitor... It is brilliant, This will mean that you no longer will need multiple monitors, the 30 inch one in conjunction with final cut pro would have preview monitors around 17 inches anyway... The screen get an optimum resolution of upto 2560 x 1600, which is AMAZING! However it does not come cheaply... the screen alone is quite a few thousand dollars or pounds, then you also need to buy a special graphics card to run the monitor because of it's huge size... To check the monitor out go to:

http://www.apple.com/displays/
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Wow. That is one beast of a monitor. IT is actually larger than most of the TVs in my house.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Skitz-O-Phrenia

Re: the 30 INCH! flat panel monitor....

Post by Skitz-O-Phrenia »

Jass Films wrote:It is brilliant, This will mean that you no longer will need multiple monitors, the 30 inch one in conjunction with final cut pro would have preview monitors around 17 inches anyway...
ya...and I am sure it is the same price as two monitors..... :roll: .....$3300...hmmmm close....

id rather get a 50" plasma and hook it up through the dvi
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

I never said it would cost the same... I said you no longer will need two monitors.... There is a difference.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Personally, I would go with this 92" if I had the money (It's $20,000) :shock:

site: www.go-l.com
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Skitz-O-Phrenia

Jass Films wrote:I never said it would cost the same... I said you no longer will need two monitors.... There is a difference.
sorry didnt meen to come across like that, I was more or less stating that towards apple about the price and then showing a what could be bought with the same money
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

but LCD Displays cost more than plasma anyway?
Evan77

Post by Evan77 »

2560 x 1600 resolution! I can't even begin to think of how good that monitor would look.
-Evan
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

s***!!!!DID YOU SEE THE PIC US AMATEURFILMAKER PUT UP!!!!I WANT THAT!!!!
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

I don't think the damn thing would even fit on my desk haha, 4 screens!

But anyway, Apple seriously overprices their stuff for consumers (but not schools). See it's a marketing scheme...Apple sells comps at low costs to schools, the students get used to the interface, and then they go out and buy one themselves, for more than ctwice the price their school paid. Evil!
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

my mum gets %50 discounts because shes a teacher
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

U.S.Amateurfilmaker wrote:I don't think the damn thing would even fit on my desk haha, 4 screens!

But anyway, Apple seriously overprices their stuff for consumers (but not schools). See it's a marketing scheme...Apple sells comps at low costs to schools, the students get used to the interface, and then they go out and buy one themselves, for more than ctwice the price their school paid. Evil!
Alright, let me say this once and once only. Mac is cheaper than PC by a long shot... I got an Apple Emac, with dvd burner, cd burner, and a stack of free games and software including tony hawks pro skater 4.... It has an 80 gb hard, 17in monitor, all for just $1400 AUD, now that is cheap... To get the same stuff for a PC, even from dell, you would b looking at well over $2000 AUD... Mac's are not expensive, it's just a perception that people have. It's like comparing Sony to Teac, Teac is s*** so it costs less, where as Sony is good quality, so it costs more...

Please don't start an apple v pc war...
Skitz-O-Phrenia

Jass Films wrote:...It's like comparing Sony to Teac, Teac is s*** so it costs less, where as Sony is good quality, so it costs more...

Please don't start an apple v pc war...
hmm sounds like you just did....

dont use dell as a pc statistic...Dell is garbage, as bad as mac. put a mac and a pc on a network and tell me which has more problems....i know cause i have 11 schools i am a network admin for, 9 pc networks and 2 mac networks....the only schools that give me a weekly problem.....you guess
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

I said don't so im not going too...
Nage3

Post by Nage3 »

I built a PC with all the same stuff except it has a 120 GB of hard drive space, 2ghz processor 1.5gb of RAM A CD/CRW burner, a DVD burner, a 1GB Zip drive, and Floppy drive. Also a top of the line power supply, Keyboard, mouse and monitor for the same price, and that was only because I spent $500.00 on a graphics card. You can't compare to Dell because they're a huge rip off. My roommate has one and it sucks. It can't do half what mine can and it cost twice a much. Not to rip on Apple. I do think they have a god product and I would like to purchase one but you can build a PC so much cheaper and it can be upgraded. That's MAC's big problem. No upgrade and it's expensive for a machine that becomes obsolete. Also there isn't a lot of other stuff out there for Macs. I use Macs a lot at school and I like them but I haven't really seen enough of a difference between what they're capable of to persude me one way or the other yet. When it was Final Cut vs. Avid (Ugh) I was all about the Mac, but since Adobe Premier Pro I'm not so sure it's worth the cost difference.
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

what the hell is an emac??????i thought they were imacs, at least thats what im unsing as i type this...
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

http://www.apple.com

click on store.
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

the only good pc is a custom built pc (which i use)
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

30 inches would probably crack my table! I do like that 4 monitor one... it's soo sexy! Dunno where one would go, but I figure I would have a mansion anyways if I can afford one of em.
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

That 92 incher looks pretty slick , but why on earth would you need adisplay that LONG?!? I would rather get a few regular monitors and stack them for a video wall kinda thing... and it would be cheaper.
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]