MAKE_UP!! HELP!!!!

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Creeper

MAKE_UP!! HELP!!!!

Post by Creeper »

ive read the tutorials on making fake blood and wounds which will be very helpful in my upcoming Gorefest horror movie 'the haunting' but what im particularly looking for is how to make burn marks for the entire body as if they had been burnt at the stake.
i also need to know how to make affective friction burn marks and scars for the neck of a hanging victim.
can anybody help me with this? i would be most appreciative.
abodeofthedamned

Post by abodeofthedamned »

What you're going to need is latex, cotton, red and brown creme make-up, thickened blood, flowing blood and charcoal in a fine powder.
Start of using the cotton and latex to create pealing and dangly bits all over your actors body. Color areas of the body and the wounds raw with the red creme and color the upper chest and shoulders with the brown. Next apply the thickened blood under some of the dangly bits and around the body. Now color the rest with the charcoal. Remember to shave any body hair. Then add vaseline and flowing blood to any areas you want to look glistening.
Instant burn victim! Well not so instant, 2 hours or more.
If you want to see what real burn victims look like, check out;
www.rotten.com
As for the friction burn, just use some of the red creme in a broken line on the neck and blent it down with your finger.
If eating babies is evil, then, yes, I'm evil.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Gellatine is a fine and cheap substitute for latex
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

to get good flowing blood i have discovered chinese food colouring. u tend to be only able to buy it in china town but it is like $1 for a 300ml bottle and it is bright red on camera, not pink like most normal food colourings. its normally used to colour pork in stir fries apparently. to get it off skin u need a sponge and a bit of soap with water but it comes off easily and on clothes u need to put them in water straight away and use a concentrated stain remover on it - i got it out of a white shirt fine but i havent tried any other colours. but its cheap!!!
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

This is a wierd one: For burn victims start off by painting their skin red, with conventional face paints. Set it, so it won't smear off. Next make yourself a nice campfire (No, this isn't going where you think it is) and burn some marshmallows. Put them right into the flames until they catch fire and let their entire surface blacken and blister. Blow them out and let them cool for a bit. With a sharp knife make a slit down the side of the 'mallow and peel the burnt "skin" off. One side will be crispy, black and blistered and the other (inside) will be sticky and white. Slap that sucker onto your actor (burnt side out) and repeat, until they're covered in all the right area's, it will stick all by itself. Some fake blood doesn't hurt either. Now, with a stick drag the burnt "skin" off in some area's to reveal the red painted skin below. This is really convincing if some of the "skin" gets ripped off at some point during the film, it makes a really hideous crackling, peeling, gooey noise. Remember to let those marshmallows to cool sufficiently though, or you'll be making a real trip to the burn unit at the hospital!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
abodeofthedamned

Post by abodeofthedamned »

Grant wrote:Gellatine is a fine and cheap substitute for latex
Gellatine can also be somewhat tricky for first time users. But in many ways its also superior to latex especialy for burns. Just don't use it on a hot day or on someone who sweats a lot. I made a gellatine appliance for a film once where by the time we got to set (which was a few kilometers away) the appliance was running down the actors face.
Next make yourself a nice campfire (No, this isn't going where you think it is) and burn some marshmallows.
Facinating. Have you tried this? It sounds promising. I might add that to my bag of tricks.
If eating babies is evil, then, yes, I'm evil.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yup, it works good, if you move fast before the marshmallow congeals to much. I've only done it on a small scale (Hand and part of the arm), but if you were to cover most of the actor with burnt/melted clothing, then you could save a lot of time applying the stuff, and spare the actor some washing up, those marshmallows really stick!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

Use Charcoal to make it look like your character is dirty. Works like a charm
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

You can buy bottles and bottles of cinimiacties blood at your local party store.. over here I buy it every oh so often, the stuff looks great, ussually needs a lack of water to make it more dirippy and such, but it's the same stuff they use in movies, tv, ect..
Sigs suck a**.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Chocolate Topping. Red food coulouring. BEST FKAE BLOOD EVER! and its edible! but it does stain..... :(