HAS THIS BEEN DONE BEFORE???

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

nigel666

HAS THIS BEEN DONE BEFORE???

Post by nigel666 »

thanks for your help

im writting a script an got 30pages but now im struggling expand looking for ideas..

my script is about a shuttle tht comes back from space crew are all dead but the mission was complete. A organiszm is on borad a deadly virus tht turns people into creatures/zombies.

A lad wakes up one day everything is normal, at the lab the virus breacks out, then the next day the lad wakes up an no ones around.

He finds out his dad is head of outer space research.

Sounds abit like Aliens/28 Days lol Its hard to be original these days.

Any help welcome
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I was just thinking Aliens Vs. 28 Days Later as I was reading that!!!! Why don't you throw a Predator in for good measure.

You could always have this kid as being the carrier of the cure. Perhaps he knows something from the trip that he can't remember but kicks in at the last moment - He keeps getting flashbacks or nightmares of the mayhem on the ship as the chaos was breaking out. Hint - For one of these flashbacks, lightly spray some water on the actor's face when you show him again. It'll give that cold sweat look!
Moderating behind the bushes!
nigel666

Post by nigel666 »

lol thanks man, I was thinking not predator but poltigises. LOL
I was also thinkin he could get strange phone calls of someone needing help, and when the film get closer to the horror its him whos been making the phone calls to LOL
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

yeh, this has been done b4, i have seen it on various short stories and boxoffice blockbusters. But, as u have said, it is very hard to produce an original story line, i have though of many ideas, which seem original at first, but after writing a few pages i suddenly think of a film which reminds me of it. But go with the idea, its how the film is made that can change a screenplay into a masterpiece.
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

and you've already written 30 pages of that script?? :mosh: rock on y0
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

cheers mates
the script is now 60pages when it hits 70 i think ill start filming.
i have changed bits to make it more interesting now theres researches that go around planets finding creatures and bring them back to earth in a secret lab for examination, the labs under a eriee village. They break free and a computer greek has to try and get out of there a live. cheers cya
i keep getting stuck with my ideas, writers block lol
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

How the hell does a viruis sound like alien? In alien the alien chooses a host, devolps in their body, and then bursts out of their chest and rapidly grows in to a full blown alien.. dosn't sound anything like a viruis to me :roll:

Edit: Well the ship with crew memebers and such does.. have you tried alterntive locations?
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Sounds like you might want to turn a garage into a studio for interior shots. THat would be the most convenient.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Oooohhhh.. sounds like alien to me....
nigel333

Post by nigel333 »

hiya upto 70pages plus, i downloaded evil dead script its only 18 pages omg.
i coming up with some f*cked up ideas out of my head im so werid about what the ailens can look like, it started off being a zombie film now its more like silent hill where the monsters are undiscribeable.

Now its about expoures tht bring back hundreds of creatures from other planets, one of them comes a live under a sercet base under a village where they all break free, can one kid get out of the village alive!?(me) before the labs automatic bomb blows up the labs and the village. Ive also put the guy from half life in it tht purple werid guy hes the one who sercetly knows all about the creature as there from his home planet.

Im drawin up a storyboard now done about 30 drawings. I want to buy a XL1s which i can efford but i keep thinking bad thoughts :(. Like its not going to be on film, what happens if i dont complete it, what happens if no ones sees it, am i wasting my time, am i being a big kid etc etc
http://www.freewebs.com/rising-evil/
BEST WEBSITE AROUND!!!
SIGN MY GUEST BOOK
redrobinonline

Post by redrobinonline »

hey when you finish the film id really like to see it cuz it sounds awesome!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

NaziSentry wrote:Oooohhhh.. sounds like alien to me....
Idiot :roll:

You obivously need to WATCH alien first.
Last edited by I3lade203 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs suck a**.
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

thank for you reply redrobinonline reply makes me more keen.
ive started up a website where u can follow it there.
its all a big project for me alone.
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
dno

Post by dno »

But where is this website?

I'd be happy to help you by the way, if you need any. Let me know.
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

http://www.freewebs.com/rising-evil/

thanks for the offer. I have no clu e about blue screen as I need a space ship to travel though space. ANd im going to need monsters I have some designs but more is always good. cheers nigel
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
Monty_PythonFjords

Post by Monty_PythonFjords »

Just in case you were interested, there are only 7 stories on this planet. I can't remember them all but,

FAUST - Ambitions acheived, but at a price...
CIRCE - The Chase
ROMEO & JULIET - The Love against the odds scenario
bangoker

Post by bangoker »

where does wet floor goes in those 7 stories?

lol, jk

any how, the thing really sounds good, just be carefull with the "Silent hill" type monsters, they are cool in the game, but i think that if you dont make them really good, it will look kinda really cheezy. but Its an interesting film!
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

hiya thanks for yours views im now 70pages and 100 storyboard i now got a website for it, been a long time since i been on here. lol.
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

I love the idea, but what's most important is convincing the audience of what is going on. Amateur acting can only go so far. If you can't convey the idea of a nasty plague in a convincing manner, you'll have 70 pages of spent paper on your hands.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

If you need any help on weapon design (Seems to be my specialty) or script/storyboard revision, just give me a PM and I'll do what I can
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

the guy waking up and the virus having been released reminds me of the b4 mentioned movies and resident evil, cause of the nerve gas that knocks milla out.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta