How to make S.W.A.T costumes

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

TheWall

How to make S.W.A.T costumes

Post by TheWall »

Well im working on a script thats going to take a while to get done but anyway i was woundering if you guys can help me make or get swat costumes like where to get them and stuff EX: GoodWill / Army surplus stores. if you can steer me to a good place for the costumes then id be very happy thanks and post your helpful hints here.
I BET YOUR THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WOULD FU*K A GUY AND DONT OFFER HIM A REACH AROUND!!!- Full Metal Jacket
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

@seanbagley
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

unless your quite rich (or quite creative) SWAT costumes will take chunks outta your bank account (spec op/SWAT vest at my local surplus store :£70 new -then again, its prolly cuz said surplus shop is accross the road from sandhurst military officers college)
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

A good way to fake it is to use bike helmets and ( you know the skateboarding x games ones) Paint the helmet non-shiny black and look at real swat helmets and pain them like that. Gear you could possibly By black cargo pants from army retired crud stores and get black. Emphasis on black.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Look around..... You'll find anything at estate sales, fairs, flea markets etc....
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

look on www.ebay.com theres sure to be something there.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Yes, I'm sure people on this forum don't know the URL for E-Bay

What I've found looks good on the head (with a helmet over it) is a dive suit head-covering bit (Don't know what it's called), ya know, the black, rubbery stuff. the only problem with this is that it gets fairly uncomfortable after a short time.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

i'm making a SWAT team setup for my current movie. i used black balaclavas ($4.50 australian), science goggles from friends at school painted black, black jackets and black cargo pants supplied by the actors, black boots i own for the lead officer and everyone else wearing black leather shoes. for webbing i'm using old seatbelt webbing my dad had and for weapons i have a few mp5s that i bought for $7 each (toy platic ones) with 2 of them modified to be extended stocks using pvc pipe. i then added slings using the carry straps from sports bags (also black). whole setup cost me $40 and looks very good. also put small flashlights (i have a maglite and a couple of counterfeit maglite lookalikes) on the forward grip of the weapons so if you place your camera in front of the team the lights wash out a lot of detail. i dunno whether you need it during the day but mine works well at night
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

http://www.blackhawkindustries.com if you need any more equipment, like helmets, gloves, vests, they'll get you everything you need. They supplies Black Hawk Down with military gear, by the way, and is the one stop shop for most people who want to look authentic while they're playing airsoft.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

2nd_Recon wrote:Yes, I'm sure people on this forum don't know the URL for E-Bay

What I've found looks good on the head (with a helmet over it) is a dive suit head-covering bit (Don't know what it's called), ya know, the black, rubbery stuff. the only problem with this is that it gets fairly uncomfortable after a short time.

u never know someone might have never been to ebay.com :P

anyway theres another problem with this tho...price lol
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

you can get a used on for about $25 at my local dive shop, and since they dont' sell many of them, I may be able to haggle off 10 bucks
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Try a google search on - airsoft tactical vest - lots of results... but they aren't cheap.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
xbreaka420

Post by xbreaka420 »

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort= ... 65&cat=425

theres something, also that whole site has swat stuff, also if ye need a military discount ill help ya out :)
Casey

Post by Casey »

Try and find some discounted navy blue or black jackets. Printing Shops may be able to create iron-on "Swat" labels for you?
nigel666

Post by nigel666 »

alright mate

i play paintball an u can pick up new chemical warfare uniforms there like £5. but there woodland colour. check ebay and if u want some an your from UK tex me.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Black BDUs and black police suspenders! :)
TheWall

Post by TheWall »

Thanks for your helpful hints guys!
I BET YOUR THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WOULD FU*K A GUY AND DONT OFFER HIM A REACH AROUND!!!- Full Metal Jacket