Computer won't shut down!

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

CPUND97

Computer won't shut down!

Post by CPUND97 »

My computer will not let me shut it down. It gives me an error message saying "Cannot complete system shutdown. There is unfinished DVD/CD-Recordable volume on the system. Please eject the disc first before shutting down the system."
The only problem is that I have no discs in the drives! I have opened and closed each drive, but I still get the same error message. I don't want to pull the plug in case I am going to ruin some aspect of the DVD drive... I tried several times to burn a DVD last weekend before I got it to burn... I can't think of any other reason why I would have such "volume" on the system.
Any ideas or suggestions (even as to where I could go to find out what this error message means- I tried typing part of the message into Google and got nothing)?
Thanks.
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
CPUND97

Post by CPUND97 »

Thanks.
monkey

Post by monkey »

i think i know why. go to drive e or whatever drive you use to burn them, and open it. if there are still files that you wanted to be burned to the dvd in that folder, delete them. then it should shut down.
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

if that wasnt it go into the device manager and see if there are any exclamation or question marks by trhe drives, it could just be a bad driver thats happened to me many times
Baggage:::: www.criticalcows.ne1.net
New episode coming by the end of the month!