Making a DVD

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

KJD

Making a DVD

Post by KJD »

I was wondering if you definately need a DVD burner to burn DVD's from my computer or is there any other way of doing it instead of going out and buying a £150 DVD Burner.(which i dont have and need to make the DVD's)
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Im not honestly sure, go to a 2nd hand computer store and just buy a cheap old DVD burner....tis what i did, but then again mine came with one, i did it for my old comp...
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
CamerakRaZy

Post by CamerakRaZy »

The only other way I can think of is getting an external harddrive with your video, transferring it another computer with DVD burning capablities then burning it there. Otherwise, I think you'll have to get a DVD burner.
KJD

Post by KJD »

I know someone with a dvd burner, they might be able to make the dvd if i burn my movie onto a disk, give it to them and have them open it on their computer and burn to a dvd through their dvd burner.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

That would really be kind of stupid. When you put a full DV quality movie onto a disc, it can only hold about 3 to 4 minutes of footage. And if you make the quality lower to fit the whole movie on the disc, then whats the sense in making a DVD disc! Just ask for a raise, and get a dvd burner! :D
"Prolly Just Film"
KJD

Post by KJD »

k thanks anyway
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

You could encode it as a DVD complent MPEG2 and then burn it on a cd (it may fit, depending on the length) and then, your friend can take it directly off the cd and burn the file onto a DVD.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
ssj3gohan

Post by ssj3gohan »

still, that would result in a lot of quality loss. Best thing I can think of is getting a hard disk tray (cost me 15 euros :D) and put your hard disk in there, I got one without usb but there are types that have a usb-connection too, which aren't expensive either (tray+usb €20-30). Then you can take your whole harddisk and plug it into whatever computer has usb2 and a dvdburner, or whatever. Perfectly safe option.
[img]http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/c.nijssen-parhan/banner1.JPG[/img]
KJD

Post by KJD »

Never mind got my DVD burner the other day, havent tested it yet though.
cost me £92