b&w on color tutorial uploaded to my site!

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

b&w on color tutorial uploaded to my site!

Post by justsomeguy »

the tutorial is how to have a color person walk by on a black and wthie background, i asked how to do this awhile ago and i figured it out so heres the tutorial:
http://www.trp.ne1.net
click on tutorials, duh

EDIT: sorry i didnt realize you cant download the final file yet but ill get it up soon

EDIT2: here's the link for the finla file:
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Hosted/Files-B/bwtest.zip
ill try to update the link on the site tommorow
Last edited by justsomeguy on Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baggage:::: www.criticalcows.ne1.net
New episode coming by the end of the month!
AA

Post by AA »

Not too bad! So did you use a difference matte or masking?
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

An easyer way to do that would be to film your backround and then use bluescreen with your character walking and make your backround black and white later.
"Prolly Just Film"
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

Not too bad! So did you use a difference matte or masking?
i used a differnce matte.
An easyer way to do that would be to film your backround and then use bluescreen with your character walking and make your backround black and white later.
not really because this gets rid of all the unneeded macground just like a bluescreen but then the character is already in the right spot and also you would have to have a large bluescreen over the walls and the ground. this way you only need to have a background. the only problem are shadows can mess it up
Meade87

Post by Meade87 »

Hey I just got into this forum and tried to get the tutorial for how he did the effect and the page comes back with a 404 error, and I would really like to know how he did that effect.
-Rob(NYC)
[url]http://www.geocities.com/rmactor[/url]
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

lethelgirth87 wrote:An easyer way to do that would be to film your backround and then use bluescreen with your character walking and make your backround black and white later.
that's the worst way in my opinion. half the people on this forum can't do blue or green screening well. it's the suggested solution to half the questions on this forum and most of the time it wont work like you want it to. a simple way to do this is the color pass effect. it wont work quite as well as that clip but i guess it depends on what you need it for. check it out.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Um, why would we need a tutorial for this? Lol , it's just like one thing fast one thing slow, you take a background pallate, and then the same background with someone walking , make the background b&w and then mask the person still in color into the bw footage, that easy .. if you want someone black and white and the background color do the same thing only when applying the b&w apply it to the person and mask him into color..

There I just explained how to do this in pretty much 2-3 hours in just a few sentenaces :roll:

btw : Bluescreening would not work very well for this, it dosn't give much chocie for interaction with the background
Sigs suck a**.
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

Um, why would we need a tutorial for this? Lol , it's just like one thing fast one thing slow, you take a background pallate, and then the same background with someone walking , make the background b&w and then mask the person still in color into the bw footage, that easy
yeah its showing the concept to do all those things if you want. btw the link is www.trp.ne1.net the one up there is reallly old