Easy way to add subtitles in Premier pro?

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

hmbtnguy

Easy way to add subtitles in Premier pro?

Post by hmbtnguy »

Is there an easy way to do this? I'm kinda n00bish when it comes to adding titles and credits in premier pro. Does anyone know a way as simple as the one in Windows Movie Maker? I'm really tired of editing in premier and then adding subtitles in MM cause MM doesn't support widescreen (the format I record all my movies in). Can someone help me out?
bad_karma24

Post by bad_karma24 »

It's really just one of those things you have to deal with. I had to do it for my movie and I made out alright :).
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It is easy to do in Premiere Pro. You just type in all the credits, then you the roll feature. You will get a professional looking product in the end.
ssj3gohan

Post by ssj3gohan »

yes, Vegas has exactly the same feature, it's really hands-on and straightforward...
[img]http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/c.nijssen-parhan/banner1.JPG[/img]
bretoncrackers

Post by bretoncrackers »

for main titles and credits, learn to use the titler in premiere pro, its an awesome feature. As for subtitles throughout the movie, they'd be a pain in the a$$ to do (especially if ur doing nething longer than 10 minutes with a fair amount of dialogue). When you're done editing your film and you have the final version, export it and download yourself a karaoke maker. There are some cheap ones online, but the main thing about them is that they will add a subtitle track without altering your video, and you can do it in real time or with keyframes.