Rebooting The System

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Lee

Rebooting The System

Post by Lee »

Hey guys, I need some help.

What I want to do is completely wipe everything off my hard drive and install Windows (XP) again. The reason being that I've had loads of problems over the past few months and I just want to start over again. I don't mind about re-installing all my software again.

Thanks.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Put the XP disk in and boot to the CD. After setup starts you will get a question about what partition to install windows, it will show the partition that is your C: drive. Follow the On screen promppts to delete that partition, you will then come back and the former C: drive will be shown as unpartitioned space. Slect the unpartitioned space as the location to install windows, the next screen wil give you four options to format the partition, select the NTFS file system, either quick format or full format.. doesn't matter, then let windows setup run through, voila, everything else is gone, and a nice fresh windows install
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Remember once it's gone, It Is Gone! So make sure you won't erase anything you don't want to be erased.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Yeah, I'm aware of that - in fact, that is the reason I'm doing it. I just want to start over again.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

If you can, backup all your data files - CD Writers are great for this!

That way, you can clean install all your software and then access your files after.
Moderating behind the bushes!
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Lee wrote:Yeah, I'm aware of that - in fact, that is the reason I'm doing it. I just want to start over again.
Wow, i was forced to reformat a while ago...well i guess there must be something really bad with your comp then...:(
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Ive had to do it about 5 times. Its a real bugger when U dont want to do it, cuz U loose your fav stuff (I hope it doesnt happen again soon, Ive got all my sfx and my copy of adobe premier)
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

i have separete partitions for progrms, windows, and files so if somethinggoes wrong and i have to reinstall i haev all my files, some programs, and then i can remember what programs i do need to reinstall
Baggage:::: www.criticalcows.ne1.net
New episode coming by the end of the month!