wont boot after new mother board installed

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

wont boot after new mother board installed

Post by justsomeguy »

ok so i just installed a lanparty pro875b motherboard and when i boot up it has a long beep, then it does it again, and again, and again, etc. also the screen is blank. i tried changing the memory slots, didnt work. i made sure the monitors were plugged in perfectly, they were. took out the video card and put it back in, still didnt work. took all the memory out, still same problem. any ideas?
Baggage:::: www.criticalcows.ne1.net
New episode coming by the end of the month!
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

What proc? Make sure if there are jumpers on the board for the bus speed and multiplier are correct. It actually sounds like a vid failure tho. It also could be a speed mismatch with the ram, did you order the ram for this board, or are you reusing ram you had. What vid card, what is the speed of the memory, what speed is the FSB of the motherboard running.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

So you don't damage anything- i suggest you take it to a DIY comp shop and get it installed- they should only charge you $20 to do it. I tried installing things by myself years ago, and learnt some things are best left to the experts...
Grant

Post by Grant »

yeah double check jumpers, sometimes they conflict with what the manual and actual board say and can take a bit of tinkering
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

the vid is a geforce 5600 ultra, the proc is a 2.8 pentium 4, i am reusing the ram i had which is 3200, and both the mb and proc are 800 mhz fsb. the fan still goes on the vid card, but that proiably just means theres power going to it. i dunno, ill check the jump cables.
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

ok i checked the jumpers, well i didnt really check anyhting cuz theres wasnt really anything in the manual except stuff like wake-on usb, wake-on lan, etc. anyway now it stopped beeping really long like it did, and it sounds like everything is going fine, but it doesnt beep at all now (yes the speaker is plugged in). maybe if you could elaborate on the whole jumper thing that might help cuz i know what you mean just not what i should do. i read on another forum of a guy with the same kinda prob, he tried several different vid cards on other stuff but ended up rmaing the board. hope i dont have to do taht.