Police Like Amateur Films To

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Police Like Amateur Films To

Post by Matt »

Came across this link to my site.

PoliceSpecials.com Forum

Glad they liked the detail.

Don't worry Darrenb3, I won't try impersonating you. I've got too many GCSEs for that ....
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Lol, some people just don't get these things...
Grant

Post by Grant »

Guys also if you have anything of the slightly illegal nature in your movie then be very careful who sees it, when and where.
I have hidden many nights under my bed straight after a shoot just incase the boys in blue rock up!
Then again.

FREEDOM TO THE PEOPLE!
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Oh I don't care about that! One I gave one of my mates a copy of one of my films, and when I next popped round his dad (who's a policeman) tapped me on the shoulder and said "I counted 33 illegal acts in your movie" and then cackled manically... Hmmm...

But still, copyright is really the only thing you should worry about in amatuer movie making :D
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

To be honest once some thing is on film it is difficult to tell whether it was filmed illegally or not. Obviously if the act resulted in any damage or injuries then capturing it on film may consitute evidence. Usually common sense dictates what is a good idea and what isn't.

I agree copyright is probably the easiest way to get into trouble. In our next film project we are going to try and do our own music ...
Grant

Post by Grant »

Yeah I use all original music now.

Permission is a big chance also
I filmed in a Safeway lift once without permission. One easy shot of 3 guys walking in the door and it shuts. 3 soldiers! The lift was scoped out and tested.
We alked in the lift, the camera was on a tripod . All of a sudden the lift door shut and it went down into the supermarket.
The lift opened up and a nervous addendant looked at us.
I said hi and pressed the up button
We got up and out of there fast
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Ha ha! Oh we tried filming in a lift in our local Mall, and the security guard threw us out, just for not getting permission :mad:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi,
I'm the owner of PoliceSpecials.com -- we do have a sense of humour honest! Your fake warrant card caused a few raised eyebrows but we understand it's to do with amateur film-making... the only thing I'd say is not everyone who comes to your site is an amateur film-maker, and as a rule we don't like to make it too easy for the bad guys!
Keep up the good work,
Best regards,
Andy Oldham
http://www.policespecials.com
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Lol, cool :)
Grant

Post by Grant »

Aah excellent. The understanding long arm of the law.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Matt... You forgot to add this post from the Police Special forum

"I have only one thing to say about idots like this - stupid twit get a life!!

So I suppose he would say its alright to say how to make a bomb so long as he points out that making one might kill someone ?

It just goes to show that there are some real fool's out there......!!"

:D :D :D
www.neverdead.co.nr
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Don't we have threds about how to blow things up? Man we are one step away from being terrorists :mrgreen: Ok not really but hech, at lest they have a sence of humour, and know that we are not going to acutualy do anything with it. Matt how did you come across that thred?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Vamp... do realize that this post was made over a year ago, right?
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Ornsack wrote:Ha ha! Oh we tried filming in a lift in our local Mall, and the security guard threw us out, just for not getting permission :mad:
Someone I know tried filming outside a mall, and the security car came by, and the guy used the P.A. on the car and told them to leave. Mall regulations, no matter where you live, almost always include no photography.

The guard in the car also ended his order with "does this mic make me sound important?" which was hilarious. Needless to say, I will probably never take mall security seriously again! :D
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Bent_Barrel

Post by Bent_Barrel »

I get death threats from animal rights terrorists and their websites have bomb and incendiary device making and even the fricking FBI dont care. What makes these two turdburglars so high and mighty to think that they convey concern about public safety. I get graphic death threats and execution threats from different people and they never say anything. Twits, hmmph I say...

http://members.fortunecity.com/zaxtor20 ... _PAGE.html

These are common incendiary devices that are placed underneath autos and places to catch fur farms and hospital employees property that "never harms anyone or anything". Okay then...
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Which reminds me of the authentic looking student IDs I made recently! Of course if I was the dodgy sort, I could have made myself one, got into the cinema cheaper, and stuff like that! HEY! I could have even gone into the local night-club, and pulled all the freshmen student girls, being a desireable mature student!!! HEY HEY HEY! I'm getting ideas now! I'll have to film it all so it's not illegal!
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

Lol, once i was doing a shot, alone, beneath a bridge... It was raining, i was wearing old, cr**-clothes (i "ran away from home" in the movie). Suddenly, the cops showed up, and they asked me what i was doing there (with there mic of course). Then i think they saw the camcorder, and they left, whitout saying anything... :)
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

LOL! I bet they felt stupid!
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

About the fake warrant card, I'm sure that if you were to make one of those, and show it to a judge (Or a senior cop, or anyone high up in the law) they could tell you that it was fake. Besides, it's not "Impersonating a Police Officer" If everyone involved knows what is going on.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

I do understand that it isn't a good idea to help terrorists and criminals but some of the Police Special comments seemed to miss the irony. I got the source material I needed to make my fake from the Met Police homepage. They made it easy for me :)

The only bit of the police badge that stands out in real life as being a fake is the metal badge. I didn't even try to copy that. I used a straight printout. Looks good on film but would not pass for the real thing .... not that I've ever seen a real one. I'm too good for that :P

Most criminals are stupid anyway and probably can't read my tutorial anyway. If intelligent people turned to crime we would all be in trouble!
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

intelligent people never turn to crime, if they do, they're dumb
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

What about the geniuses who assassinate their business competition
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Matt wrote:I do understand that it isn't a good idea to help terrorists and criminals but some of the Police Special comments seemed to miss the irony. I got the source material I needed to make my fake from the Met Police homepage. They made it easy for me :)

The only bit of the police badge that stands out in real life as being a fake is the metal badge. I didn't even try to copy that. I used a straight printout. Looks good on film but would not pass for the real thing .... not that I've ever seen a real one. I'm too good for that :P

Most criminals are stupid anyway and probably can't read my tutorial anyway. If intelligent people turned to crime we would all be in trouble!
It helps having friends who are in the Mat Police, if I ever need any scenes involving police, they'll firstly arrange all the policeing of the film where required, they'll also assist with props like "real" badges, uniforms, and the like, and I'm even getting a loan of real guns for the shoot-out in a scene in my B-Team film, to go with the helicopter, also being provided by the police!!! Great stuff!