PC or Mac?

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

PC or Mac?

PC (Mircosoft)
78%
Mac (Apple)
17%
Undecided
6%

Total votes: 18

KayBeck

Post by KayBeck »

When it comes to anything visual, Macs have PC's beat. There's a reason why all journalists and a majority of indy film makers use them, it's because they are superiour in that respect.

HOWEVER, being someone who spends a lot of time around Macs, I can't express my frustration enough when using those machines. They couldn't be more of a pain in the butt to work with if Apple had done it on purpose.
Burnt Synapse Entertainment: We're going to blow your mind.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Not all publishing uses Macs - It's probably a corporation specific thing. I used to get a lot of graphics design studios providing Mac-based artwork, but then a lot of the platemakers and printing presses used PCs! Seems that wherever process control is required, there's a sudden switch to PCs - Many of these were UNIX systems, oh, and Sun Workstations on the top-end.

For instance, I once was priviledged to be taken on a tour around the factory that prints all the packaging for Kinder (As in Kinder eggs, Bueno chocolate bars, etc). All their printing presses, vacuum metalisers, co-extrusion facilities were ran by PCs. Their art department used PCs for platemaking, which were 100% cross-platform capable (Like my system used to be), being able to read anything created on a Mac, and read it into PC software.

Our balloon manufacturers who I import from in Belgium, Spain, and Mexico all use PCs only.
Moderating behind the bushes!
KayBeck

Post by KayBeck »

Perhaps it's a U.S./Canada thing. Every newsroom I've been in, from the small town weekly papers to the Big time dailys, have all used Apple computers in some shape or form. It's pretty much the industry standand here, as I've seen and have been told time and time again.
Burnt Synapse Entertainment: We're going to blow your mind.
Gino

pc

Post by Gino »

i'm a pc person. My brother has a mac G4 I don't know what it is about it but I can't stand using it, and I have to force quit alot! I would slap him around and convince him to buy a pc but he's alot bigger than I am. :x
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

This is truly a "I LOVE MARMITE/I HATE MARMITE" Debate!

Marmite was featured in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey!
Moderating behind the bushes!