Film Sound Track Using eJay

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Film Sound Track Using eJay

Post by Matt »

Ok, for Hollow Point I desperately don't want to use commercial music. I want it to be 100 percent legal. Now I don't know anyone musical except my mate Siv (the cop in Meet The Locals) but he is living on the other side of the world ....

This means I could well have to sort out the music. This poses one small problem. I couldn't play an instrument or compose a song if my life depended on it ! My only hope is some easy electronic software where I can cut'n'paste some stuff together. I've got Dance eJay and Hip Hop eJay.

Anyone used these before to make 'music' ??

I want Hollow Point to have an 80's style theme but can't find any of those classic 80's TV show drum beats etc. You know, the drum beats when something excitingis about to happen in Knight Rider etc ....

I could ask someone on the net to compose something for me but I want to hand craft it to follow the film as it is edited.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Wait is the eJay software free or is it a downloadable software.

BTW you might find that you search on google for something such as 80's TV music themes or 80's Commercial music. Sorry couldnt help a little more.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

eJay is commercial software. You can pick up the older versions quite cheap from eBay etc

http://www.ejay.com
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I have that program and I was hooked on it for a while! Even if you aren't serious to make a film track, just try it out for fun! :)
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Goto www.newgrounds.com and goto the Audio Portal... Entirely royalty free music of every genre.
www.neverdead.co.nr
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

I know the type of music you want Matt. I have Ejay and I suppose I could cook you something up and send it to you!
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

i have a mate that is a pro music composer, he has composed some music for one of my films and it was awesome. He uses a synthesiser and he just starts playing to the film.

I haven't used ejay before, but i have used Acid which is pretty similar, and yes i have composed music with it, but i don't know how well it will adapt to video, you'll have to try it and see.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Vamp wrote:Goto www.newgrounds.com and goto the Audio Portal... Entirely royalty free music of every genre.
Really cool site Vamp... i'm definitly gonna use that!! :D

by the way Matt, search for the theme of the old tv-series S.W.A.T it is a really cool 80's song.....
softweigh

Music Sources

Post by softweigh »

Hi Matt

Best site ever!!!
Take a look at this link
http://www.freeplaymusic.com

If you are not selling your production then there is no licence fee.

(I also use SmartSound which is totally royalty free and you can cut the
music exactly to length which is a big plus for me and it also produces around 10 variations of the same song which gives excellent audio bridges when used in movies)

Hope this helps

Chris
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Matt wrote: I couldn't play an instrument or compose a song if my life depended on it !
Me too!!
Sigs suck a**.