Doing a Google Search (By Suggestion of Grant!)

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Doing a Google Search (By Suggestion of Grant!)

Post by Themovieman44 »

Okay first of all go to http://www.google.com

You will see a search bar followed by a few tabs click on the WEB tab if not already pressed. Type in what you are searching for. (i.e How to make homemade sound effects.) Click enter and it will search, it will usually come up with a number of websites to choose from select one and enjoy. That simple come on now don't be lazy and just ask questions, do a search then ask questions Thank you.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Google is over-rated.

Yahoo and Altavista are much better.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Grant

Post by Grant »

search engines are a personal preference thing. Google is more prestigious and you know you have made it when you are listed there :)
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Yes the Yahoo search is very limited due to the fact you must pay to be mentioned. Google has a seach of the web daily to look for new websites. Just type in your most popular screenname around the net and see how many links comes up. I came up as themovieman44 in about 40 different sites.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Yahoo has two versions, the index and the spidered entries. ALl submissions to Yahoo are reviewed, and payment is not requuired to be listed, however paid sites are reviewed and ranked first. The spidered links are actually using the altavista engine. A few years back, alta vista was my favorite engine, but google seems to return more relevant links in the first several pages, either that or I've just got a bettter handle on how to query google :)
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

There's also search engines that search several engines at once! You can find them by doing a search on your favourite search engine under "Search Engines"! It's so very easy!
Moderating behind the bushes!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

It can be hard to find a site with just what your looking for somtimes, which is why people ask here.. plus if your telling people to search for things, in a way they did and found matts site
Sigs suck a**.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Well I was referred here by Paul, I did not find it.
Grant

Post by Grant »

all those years ago i did actually find this site by searching. The days when Ornsack and I ruled
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

That was the forum in its infancy it is now into child hood!!!! GOOD JOB MATT!!!!