Sticking things to peoples faces

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

kyotohellfiend

Sticking things to peoples faces

Post by kyotohellfiend »

Hello,

Quick question, can anyone suggest the best way to attach things to peoples faces, We're making a splatter zombie movie, but we can't afford (or have the time) to make all the zombies a latex mask!

I'm going to use various Gelatine ideas, like pouring it over bits of porridge stuck to the the actors face, but I thought I'd give the wood glue fake flesh idea a go, but I would need something stronger than the gelatine to attach it?!

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Tanks! :twisted:
jackcurtis

Post by jackcurtis »

Just a suggestion: try copydex glue. Yes its that absolutely revolting glue made from fish or something... it stinks! anyway copydex mixed with a tiny bit of paint and put on skin looks great because you can peel it off so it looks like skin is hanging off your face. Besides it isn't as strong as wood glue so it would be easier to remove.
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

It warms my heart to see a newbie help another newbie lol.... welcome to the forum guys/girls

Yest, copydex glue would do the trick but it stinks like mad (which is basically what jackcurtis said but I retyped it anyway for the sake of getting another post in ;))
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah welcome to the fourm! anyway next time post this kind of thing in stunts/physical effects
Sigs suck a**.
Grant

Post by Grant »

even latex mixtures work well if you can find them
Justin

f

Post by Justin »

What you need is spirit gum. Go to any costume store and they should have it. I use it and works good for sticking latex. Don't forget to the remover also. It's only a couple bucks for each.
I've used it to stick latex wounds on faces and with proper make-up, liquid latex, and fake blood, you can make it look as real as possible. Just depends on the amount of time you put into it.
[img]http://www.hickskater.0catch.com/forum%20sig%20small.jpg[/img]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Peanut butter works great, and if you use it right, you can make it look like flappy skin, and it sticks good.
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

And you can eat it too! Could be very effective in a zombie movie! :)