Composer?

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

S.R.Beeson

Composer?

Post by S.R.Beeson »

So you are filming your movie and you hear in your mind a song that would go perfect with a certain scene. I am here because I am a composer and I enjoy writing music for films. If you want to hear some of my music, you can go to www.seanbeeson.com for some demos. I'd be willing to write music for your next film. e-mail me at sbeeson@capital.edu if you have any questions or prepositions

Thanks,
Sean Beeson

P.S. I hope this didn't agravate anyone by me posting here, I just saw a post with someone saying they needed music, so I decided that maybe some people here need some orignal orchestral or matter of fact, any style of music.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I have a feeling you'll get quite a bit of work around here.

I quickly browsed around your site. Both songs were quite impressive, although I think I liked "Vast Blue" better than "Magedar." Both were really good though.

By the way, what are your rates? Do you work for free (credit in movie)?
S.R.Beeson

Post by S.R.Beeson »

The rates truly depend on the project, if it is something that I like and I can write the music how I feel is okay, ( the director isn't always giving me s*** :) I would do it for free. But if it is something gigantically large, that is different. I am from Columbus too. We should talk sometime.

Beeson
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I couldn't hear the Magedar' file, but I did listen to the Vast Blue song. Pretty nice! It is an ongoing theme and variations, it seems. Great for establishing moods for a film. And if you don't mind me suggesting, how about if you had your theme modulate down a 4th or up a minor third to introduce a darker feeling, as so it moves more with the music. I felt I was in the same place the entire piece. Study some of Beethoven and Mahler's works for orchestra. They are the true masters of music. Also reminds me of a Band of Brothers related melody. Very appropriate for most movies.

I do not think many people here are willing to pay anything for music. Mainly because few people here film professionally and have no budget for such features. But it is great that you offered your work here, spread your name around and soon you will be working for Spielberg! :) Best of luck to you.