imovie 3 problem...

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

HAL-9000

imovie 3 problem...

Post by HAL-9000 »

- using G5,imovie3, 2gb ram. 200gb hd- (1/5th of it used)
-for the past week, when i try and save my work. i get the spinning beachball and it wont go away. when i force quit. it has saved my work when i go back in, yet it still wont let me actually save and exit the program... the auto save .mov file imovie makes is partially corrupted too. and whenever i go back into imovie after a force quit, my autosave.mov is in the list of one of the files that are 'not being used' - alternativly , i have exported the whole movie to quicktime from imovie before it goes crazy . and that seems to work . (btw its 2.3gb so i cant import to a new imovie).

-my question is... can i continue using imovie as is and just keep force quitting till im finished with the movie and then just export? or should i attempt to cut up the 2.3gb .mov file in fcp and import it to a new one?

-im not sure if this has anything to do with it, but i let my trash bin get up to 1.5gb yesterday, and it froze emptying it, but it was still doing this problem before that happend...
edinc90

Post by edinc90 »

I would probably try deleting the .plist file. That usually works if I have a problem. To do so go to: ~\Library\Preferences\com.apple.iMovie3.plist

Quit iMovie, copy that file to your Desktop, then delete the original and restart iMovie. If iMovie is screwed up even more, simply replace the .plist file you copied to your Desktop. :) Hope it works, good luck!