Fake Gun shot splatters

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Anonymous

Fake Gun shot splatters

Post by Anonymous »

I was watching a home flick and a kid gets shot and each time a bullet hits him blood spatters out his backside all over the wall like in the movies when blood and guts go flying. I saw a thing where they use little pastin bags with blood and charges. How can I do this though so it looks realistic ina short film.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Go to this website address:
http://www.exposure.co.uk/eejit/blood/
This will answer your question!!!

[Edited on 29-11-2002 by Matt]
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the link. Had to edit the post to correct the URL.

This is the technique we hope to adapt for Hollow Point.

Any feedback from anyone who has used this method would be appreciated !
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Go to http://members.lycos.co.uk/ornsack - Then go to Films, and look for Zombie for a great blood splat clip created just by using a sandwich bag full of fake blood! It looks just like the one on Exposure but it's easier to do (although I'd love one of those things they made on Exposure to be honest!)
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I generally use the effect that's done on exposure. Works just fine for me... and it's cheap. The results look amazing when done properly. I've got a few other methods that don't involve compressed air. I hope to post those on my site soon. Check it out...

www.geocities.com/browncowstudios

Yeah, I know I'm cheap, using geocities and such. But it works. Tell me what you thinks of the site...

[Edited on 3-12-2002 by BrownCowStudios]
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

When I get the chance I'll have a closer look at your site and post comments here.

... ok just had a quick look. Nice site with some useful info. Just one comment. Some of the images are very big (file size 200kb'ish) and take ages to load. well on my 56k modem anyway! You should consider resizing the images rather than using the browser to resize them. making smaller thumbnails will give you files 10 times smaller (10-30kb).

Keep up the good work !