importing audio

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

eowir

importing audio

Post by eowir »

Ola!
I was just trying to import an audio take from a MiniDisc recorder, but there was a lot of noise ground...then I heard it directly from md to my stereo and it was sharper...
What can it be?
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

What miniDisc recorder have you got?

How are you transferring the sound from the recorder to the computer? Analogue cable or optical ?
MarkA87

Post by MarkA87 »

I imagine u are using a line cable to go into the computer and possibly an optical cable to your stereo - some stereos are md compatible. Use a different line cable when going to your computer and in the volume control (the little speaker icon in your taskbar) mute stuff like CD drives as they can pick up noise - Honnest! lol. Good luck. - Mark :)
eowir

Post by eowir »

I'm trasferring in analog with a sony md....
I'll try to turn off cd,wave,ecc volumes, but someone told me that the problem can be that I have integrated audio on mainboard...
Adam

Post by Adam »

Integrated audio on you motherbard, and even a PCI/ISA sound card will suffer from power supply noise generated by all the digital parts of your PC i.e. your processor.

Couple of things to try,
If you can increase the volume of the output from the MD this might give you a better SNR. You can allways reduce the volume in the edit.
Use an external sound card one with a fire wire I/F and a 24bit A-D converter. They also sometimes come with digital optical outputs.

Adam C

[Edited on 2-6-2003 by Adam]