Flaunt your DVD collection

Post all your messages related to TV, DVD players, Bluray players amplifiers and speakers here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Yeah I got Matrix Revolutions last night, as well as Schindler's List and (not for me) Brother Bear/
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I just got patriot, finally! that is such a good show.
@seanbagley
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I now have Pulp Fiction Special Edition and T3
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Themovieman44 wrote:I now have Pulp Fiction Special Edition and T3
you didn't have pulp fiction? For shame.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Well I did not the special edition double disc, so I sold my other on and got 12 bucks for it and that went towards my new copy
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Coming out in a about two months is the 60th anniversary d-day commerative edition of saving private ryan (2 discs!) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd
I'm gonna have to buy this!
@seanbagley
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Gyro wrote:Coming out in a about two months is the 60th anniversary d-day commerative edition of saving private ryan (2 discs!) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd
I'm gonna have to buy this!
Sweet I have been looking for a good excuse to update that movie from the VHS copy that I have.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Yeah I saw that and well needless to say I am gonna too have to own it/.
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

I picked up "Under Siege" and "U.S. Marshals" for $4.99 a piece. That SPR DVD looks great. I'm glad I didn't pick the other one up before.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Where did you grab those from. My WalMart which is always the cheapest for DVD's has US Marshalls for 14.99 and Under Siege for like 9.99
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

I got them at this place called Disc Replay. They sell used movies and CDs. It's the place that I got "Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back" for $8.99. If you have no problem getting your movies used it's a wonderful place.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Well I have no problem with them used. I buy them used from the library I work at, I get employee discount which means $1 a DVD and THEY WORK!!!!!
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

That is awesome man. The only DVDs I can get for $1 are the ones they sell at the dollar store. And they aren't the greatest of movies. Makes me want to get a job at the library.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Lol yeah, my library is freaking awesome. You name a movie they have it.

Goto this site, type in a movie and find out if they have it. That should prove it to you.

http://webpac.columbuslibrary.org/cgi-b ... type=Basic
Last edited by Themovieman44 on Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

That's for all of central Ohio actually. But if one library in the system has it, it can be shipped to your local library for pickup. That's how it is here anyway...
Erm... yeah...
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Yes that's here to Paul. Columbus, Worthington, Pickerington, and Southeast Libraries all work together!
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Columbus, Worthington, Pickerington, Southeast and others are all part of the Discovery Place Libraries. This essentially means that they're networked, in a way.

By here, I meant central Ohio. Let's not forget that we have friends all over the world, Andrew...
Erm... yeah...
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Really we are from all over the world....I wish our librarys had the stuff that ya'll does they are networked but they keep trafficing in these old things called books....its strange.
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

Today I scored 17 horror movies for $9.99. They call came in this four disc pack called "Great Horror Classics".
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I think I have seen those. Are they a bunch of cheesy ones or were they worthwhile?
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

They're so-so. "Dementia 13" is on here alone with "White Zombie", "Carnival Of Souls", and "Horror Hotel" to name a few. They're not the greatest horror films I've ever seen, but for $10 I can't really complain except that this is a barebones set apart from all of the movies.
pan-modo_pictures
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pan-modo_pictures »

I just picked up Once upon a time in mexico used and some used straight to video called four jacks for a 99 cents at blockbuster. I plan to get American Splendor Used and also a copy of PI used that I saw.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Pi is a great film! Paul you probably wouldn't like it. Especially if you thought Requiem for a Dream was on crack lol.
pan-modo_pictures
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pan-modo_pictures »

I was looking for the pi/requiem 2 pack but I couldn't find it. I would have but Pi but I was low on cash and I need the money for these framed movie posters I want to buy.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Lol yeah I found my Requiem Directors cut at Best Buy for $9.99, I was gonna get the two pack for $14.99, but it was not the directors cut in the two set