URGENT: SVCD problem

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

mutka86

URGENT: SVCD problem

Post by mutka86 »

this is probably an easy question to answer but i dont have too much time to figure it out myself (exams all this week and ive got to get this video done by the end of this week!)

anyways... i burned my first svcd using ulead dvd workshop (christmas present :P ) and when i tried it out on my dvd player, it was all stretched out too much. the sides were clipped off alot. is there a certain resolution that svcd's can support or what?

also, i went to my neighbors house to try it out on his dvd player and the same thing happened with the size of the picture (no surprise there) but the audio was out of sync. whats up with that? the audio worked fine at my house!

thanks a whole bunch to anyone that can help out! i really appreciate it

ugh.. back to studying :?
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

A lot of DVD players don't play SVCD/VCD's or don't play them correctly. SVCD res is 480x480, the raw Mpeg will look totally hosed, but seems to play OK on SVCD compatible DVD player. Download the STHSVCD player and see what it looks like on the pc.... Premiere Pro will render a good Mpeg stream for SVCD, and Nero Burning Rom, with the MPEG codec pacl will convert 720 x 480 MPEG-2 to an SVCD stream as it burns it....
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
mutka86

Post by mutka86 »

it plays fine on my computer. the problem is on the dvd player (which is infact svcd compatible)
if it matters, the resolution of the movie when i opened it with ulead dvd workshop was 480X320. it also wasnt just the video that was stretched out, the menu and everything was also stretched out

i also looked around online and found that the video being stretched out horizontally was sometimes a problem. unfortunately mine is stretched horizontally AND vertically. it isnt distorted at all, just big.
is it some wierd setting with the dvd player or what?