Nightmare.

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

CrowneyBar

Nightmare.

Post by CrowneyBar »

guys, lookin for some help, bad!
I just switched editing programmes on my computer fron unlead studio5 to Adobe Prem (omg the difference is light years) but the thing is ; i cant seem to capture movie footage through my fire wire on Adobe, but have no problems on unlead. Adobe will reconise the device but the moving image wont appear, then it says 'your capture hardware may have an IRQ or orther conflict. Now my capture card is pretty standard UBS two with wire, any help about setup differences or anything would be great, i cant stand to see him there on my desktop, staring at me with that beady eye, use me use me.
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

ok, first thing:
is it firewire or USB??
"through my fire wire on Adobe"
"is pretty standard UBS two with "
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

If you are going to capture with USB ( not firewire ) Then Adobe will see it as an analog type capture, you will have to change the project type from DV.Select New project then the Custom settings tab - on the general tab change playback type to Video for windows. Then on the capture item, change the typ to Video for windows. If you do not have that option on the Capture item, the Pro is not recognizing your Capture device.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
CrowneyBar

Post by CrowneyBar »

oh ye kinda confused you, its firewire. Raptor that very helpful, now off to the workshop, ill report back