please help

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

please help

Post by DAZMAN »

My file sizers are way to big. i captured 35 min of fottage in to adobe premiere and it was 10 GB! When i edited it about 8 seconds worth that was compresed with cinpeak compresor was 35 mb. i wasnt to put it on to vcd but 10 gb is obviously way to big. i also tryed compressing with divex and the quality of 10 seconds worth was terible and still 18 mb. could some body please go through, step by step saying what compressor to use and the settings so that the film is less than 700mb for 40 min of footage. Please and i need to do this by the moarning so any help would be more than remberd! :D
Riggzy

Post by Riggzy »

do you mean capture or final output? if its capture, try capturing as MPEG2. ittl save you LOADS of room, and can easilly be transfered to DVD.
[url=http://www.loosestscrew.tk]Loosest Screw Productions[/url]
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Well 10 GIG sounds about right. Thta is why many video professionals will recommend 2 HD's, or at least over 100 GIG of HD Space. My recent capture for a school project was 18.8 GB. Also realize that MPEG 2, while VERY space saving, is not usually suited for heavy editing, as it is a compressed format.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

U.S.Amateurfilmaker wrote:Well 10 GIG sounds about right. Thta is why many video professionals will recommend 2 HD's, or at least over 100 GIG of HD Space. My recent capture for a school project was 18.8 GB. Also realize that MPEG 2, while VERY space saving, is not usually suited for heavy editing, as it is a compressed format.

You don't know how happy I am that you told me that. I'm going to be buying a new computer within the next few months just for editing my videos. I'll be sure to get another hd with it. Thanks man :)
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

yes but there must be some way of getting 30 min of fotage on to vcd with out it looking like cr**?
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Also, remember that a VCD uses MPEG 1 video, as opposed to SVCD and DVD which use MPEG 2. Therefore, a VCD is not going to have the quality of a DVD or SVCD simply because it uses 1 instead of 2. So, maybe try burning an SVCD, they have the same quality of DVD's, but are on a CD-R instead of a DVD (Note that not all players play these, so you would have to check the manual).
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

SVCD is NOT the same quality as DVD. While they both use MPEG2 as the compressor, the bit rate of an SVCD compliant stream is much lower than the stream used for DVD. ALso the SVCD stream is 480x480. There are a lot of options in MPEG compression that can affect the quality of the image.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

My bad. But 480 by 480, the SVCD's I have made look a lot better than 480x480. :?
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios