Any Free Software That Does This?

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

BenjaminLevin

Any Free Software That Does This?

Post by BenjaminLevin »

Hi, I am in need of some software that will help me make covers and inserts for my DVDs. All I've been able to come across though is software that I have to pay for. Is there any good free software like this out there or will I just have to pay for something?
Comberman

Post by Comberman »

If you have a drawing package, then you already have the means of producing your own DVD covers and inserts. I use Corel Draw. First create a Master which incorporates Front, Spine and Back. Save this as DVD Cover Master (it's just a box with two lines). When you come to design the cover using the Master, save it with a different name. The dimensions are: Total Cover: 10.75" x 7.25". Front/Back: 5.125" leaving you .50" for the Spine. The insert should be at least .25" less all round.
If you haven't got drawing software, there are lots of freebie packages - try Cnet or ZDNet. Google will turn you up dozens.
Cheers
Dave :)
Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it will.
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

Thank you very much Dave :)
nakomass

Post by nakomass »

http://www.medeainternational.com/pressit/

they offer free software that allows you to create Cd covers and I think cd inserts etc.