blender tutoral

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

blender tutoral

Post by justsomeguy »

i just downloaded blender and ive heard its hard to use, but other than that it looked like something i need, and heck, its free. anyway so im really lost in the program, i want to know how do relatively simple things like:
basic ways to to to uhhhh make stuff
have a bunch of objects attack other objects like LOTR
yeah thats about it, oh and i have used 3ds max and maya ple so if you can suggest stuff most like that, that would be good
Baggage:::: www.criticalcows.ne1.net
New episode coming by the end of the month!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Do you have 3ds max or maya? Becuase Blender supposedly takes a rocket sienctest to figure out! I know how to make things "attack" each other in 3DS max and thats hard enough! lol if you have 3ds max let me know ill be happy to help you as much as i can
Sigs suck a**.
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

i want to get the full versionn of 3ds max, i have the demo. i dont care where i get just preferabley cough coughnot cough pay cough for cough itcough cough. cause im only 15 so im not exactly made of money right now. but i no longer have coughkazaacough. but whoo would so dishonestly steal from the makers who worked hard to make those programs? LOL
Baggage:::: www.criticalcows.ne1.net
New episode coming by the end of the month!
Austin

Post by Austin »

well i think you are aiming a little high, you do know that weta digital made their own program to do those fight scenes, right? blender can do this, but its going to take a long time, since youve never used the program, and as you have seen from this forum that not a lot of people can grasp the consept of blender. I would say, first you need to learn the program, and create your characters. Then you need to download a program called python. This program allows blender to basically have plug-ins. Then you can use a script called "flock" im pretty sure that it will work, but i dunno cause i have never tried it. You can also get some scripts to do walk cycles, and clothes, then i suppose you will be set. ofcorse you will need a stage, so you will need a terrian script, or you will need to learn how to make one your self, you can also get a script to convert 3dsmax objects to blender objects...so that may speed things up a bit...looks like you have a lot of work a head of you...
heres some tuts
http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/u/tutlinks/
heres the link for python...
http://www.python.org/
and here is a good resource
http://www.elysiun.com/
"Build a cow a fire and it will be warm for a day, Set a cow on fire and it will be warm for the rest of its life"