Best Sound Effects Ever

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Sayhi

Post by Sayhi »

Yeah I will have to agree with DaveP's sarcastic comment. 50 or 70 (!)% is a lot. Sound is very important in a movie. But actors and directors are the ones with the most important job, which has also the biggest impact on the final project's quality. Congratulations to J.Groshko for his selection of his avatar (it's Jerry Bruckheimer and Ridley Scott).
If you like the sound effects in a video game, you can probably copy-paste them to your hard drive because most of them are in mp3 format. I've done this with my Counter Strike and Rouge Spear SFX
Sayhi

Post by Sayhi »

...I meant "for THE selection of his avatar"
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I serious doubt that great sound can redeem horrible acting, I've never seen it happen.

Game sounds are designed to be used in games. So they are usually of bad quality, highly compressed and are cut VERY short. There is almost never an echo to them, which is semi important to have. Americas Army game has the best sounds of them all, if you feel like ripping from them. (Wav files and very full length sounds)
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

you gave me those bullet whizzes from aa
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

wow, old thread, I enjoy using mohaa sfx in my movies because it requires a little effort to edit them together due to their immense cut shorts and diversity.
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

That's pretty much true for all game sounds. The only thing I don't like about MOH sounds is that they are moderately compressed. Which always bugs me in a way. Americas Army sounds are pretty clear. The only catch is the sounds are imbedded in the program and you need an extractor to reach them!
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Damn, are you kidding? Almost ALL shooter games today have top notch movie sound effects. Far Cry, MOH, Postal 2, CoD, BHD, you name it. And the perfect example of sound making the movie: Black Hawk Down, hands down the best combo of sound and excellent music I've seen yet in a film.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I don't often kid, no. :)
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

true, but nowadays, vfx is reigning high!
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

vfx is nothing without sound - u may have the best CG car crash ever but CG doesnt generate its own sound effects (but that would be cool). can u imagine the crane crash it T3 without all the screaming metal sounds? it'd suck and it'd look CG coz the sound affects your perception to the image (lecture over!)