muzzle flashes...

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

ghostreconleader

muzzle flashes...

Post by ghostreconleader »

I READ EVERYTHING ON HOW TO MAKE THE GUN MUZZEL FLASHES ON ADOBE PREMIERE,BUT IT WONT WORK!,what happens is in the "motion" menu is the muzzle flash shows up but i cant see the background movie frame,and then it doesn't show up on the movie....i need some help!,is there mabye any other way i can make muzzel flashes with any other program?
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Hello,

Done some tests and I reckon your problem is one of two things :

1) Transparency : Have you set this correctly? When you set the transparency to 'lumenence' do you see the muzzle flash overlaid on your footage in the little preview window?

Click here for transparency settings pic

2) Video Track : You can only set transparency on items in video tracks number 2 and above (ie not 1A or 1B). Make sure your muzzle flash is in track 2 and your footage is in 1A or 1B. My tutorial doesn't really make this clear.

Let me know how you get on, and if you are still having trouble we'll have to try again!

Good luck. :)

[Edited on 19-9-2002 by Matt]

[Edited on 20-9-2002 by Matt]
motleycrue

Post by motleycrue »

like i said in my other post
adobe premier is complete SH!T for putting in muzzle flashes,, use adobe photoshop 7, who ever doesnt agree with me i'd be more then happy to put my Divx 5 movie clip up against anything you may have and will see whos gun effects are nicer.

Use Adobe Photoshop 7 for professional looking muzzle flashes, and its much easier as well, and more versitile.

brute

my flashes....

www.geocities.com/motleycrue1988/shot2.jpg

www.geocities.com/motleycrue1988/shot1.jpg
Grant

Post by Grant »

I actually love Premiere. Each to their own.
It has served me well for a long time now.
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I absolutely love Premiere! Final Cut Pro's better for shifting and rearranging stuff, but it's Premiere all the way for me.

As for muzzle flashes, I always found it easier to draw them on with Paint Shop Pro's Animation Shop.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Thanks for the Premiere vote of confidence!
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
hacksen

muzzle on pro 1.5

Post by hacksen »

hi, i'm working with premiere pro 1.5 trying to do that muzzle stuff
but i couldnt find the "transparency" option...any suggestions?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Who knows... maybe read the manual? Or a little f1 keystroke action could maybe help ya there?
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Um... sorry, but.. have u even looked at premiere? Its good, dont ditch it.
Did u use the luma key or anything like that? (Effects > then u search for it > drag it onto your clip, and fiddle around for a bit till it looks good, and omg, premiere is good!)
Hide or fight for your life?
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

stop fighting over software... no matter what you use mac or pc you still need to use more than one program to get what you want. Premiere is a non-linear edit system just as Sony Vegas or Final Cut on Mac.

Apart from this you will need a compositing app... After Effects or Apple Shake it doesn't matter. They ALL do the same thing same features, the only perks are any filters or presets that come with it.

You can't expect one program to do it all. And as certain programs advance and allow things like 3d cameras etc then the way you use your programs will become more defined.

You will start to know what does what and what cannot do what. As far as this thread goes its the same old thing.

Someone too ignorant and stupid about a program wants someone to point out the specific way to acess a feature which really annoys me... I compare it to an old woman starting up windows the first time and asking where the start button is.

My advice about the problem? Search google for tutorials... use your software version in the search learn to use keywords to get what you want. Its faster and doesn't cause as much confusion.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]