capturing

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

capturing

Post by DAZMAN »

Hy, i want my fils to have maximum quality, im in the process of making a short for a tv programe for short amiter films. The quality that i capture on my camera is excerlant and i am not botherd what so evere about file size. when i capture my fottage and view it it is excerlant but if i make it any bigger it losers alot of quality. in premiere is there a compressor on the capture and if so how do i turn it off? also what will aid the quality of my film, (eg differnt codecs, differnt capture card ect). thanks for any help given.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

What format of tape are you capturing in, what is tour capture setting, what file format are you saving the capture in, what capture card are you using. We need the starting point to be able to offer any ideas :)
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

1 mini dv
2 pal but5 the only other option is ntsc because it wont let me change from DV to DV AVI
3 i think avi though i dont no how to change this
4 pinnicle delux edition

thanks
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

I assume then you are capping with firewire, for the project in premiere select DV-PAL ( or DV-NTSC) for the states, and cap away. If you select the input as the DV it should already come in full frame (720x480 for NTSC, not sure what PAL is ) but with a full frame cap, there's no reason to resize. Render to MPEG-2 but adjust for a constant bit rate. You'll have to play around a bit to see what bit rate your system can support, but encode it at the highest bitrate possible for the best looking MPEG, I use 12000 in Premiere for broadcast work. Anytime you enlarge an image you will lose some quality because the program has to guess at how to fill in the added pixels based on the surrounding pixels.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Premiere captures footage uncompressed. I didn't think there was a way to compress during capture.