moving menus

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

thewarmovie

moving menus

Post by thewarmovie »

Hey guys, do any of you know how i could make video menus with music with a VCD? is there any free software to do it? I have ahead nero burning rom and vcdeasy, i've made menus with just a pic but i want somthing to capture the adience.

anouther question, how can i make submenus and show commercials at the beggining?

Please Help?!?!?!?!?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Geeze... you are looking for professional grade software and hardware. I don't think you can find anything like that within $300 if that! I've looked for that kind of equipment. But the sad truth is that it is too complicated for nearly all people, so nothing of that likeness can be found on the consumer market. People like simple. Except for the amateur filmmakers like you and me. You have high dreams, but you won't be able to find anything like that.

Try looking at Adobe Encore. Maybe you will find what you want in there.

(NOTHING is free in the world)
Kolorion

Post by Kolorion »

that has to be something, how about the food samples at kroger or publix
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

and at Price Cosco, Henrys, or Trader Joes.
thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

Hey guy's, this is the best couple of days of my VCD and SVCD creation life: Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2, the only prob is the price i got the trial but it's days are running out, i'll save for it (it's $50) thanks anyway.
JJJSWIFT

Post by JJJSWIFT »

does dvd movie factory do the things u asked about
Rico

Post by Rico »

You can actually do quite a lot of things with (S)VCDs, and that with free programs. If You do have the source material (i.e. pre-rendered videoclips that make up the menus).
VCDEasy should be able to do the trick - it uses VCDImager as backbone, just like my old program VDComposer. I haven't checked up with VCDEasy since I stopped developing my own program (almost two years ago), but there ar elikely that the program have moved on.

What I used to do was to prepare all the videoclips (background for menu, with buttons, either animated clips of the movie or static texts or a mix). This has to be done for each of the menus You need, and then You simply import these clips together with the actual movie(s) and any other stuff You want to add, and start authoring the (S)VCD.
You can set up clips to play in certain sequences and use the digit-buttons on the remote to choose chapters and so on...

On the other hand I may have missed out on something on what You want to do, so in that case ignore my post and I'll go back to lurking :)

Regards,
Rico
thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

movieFactory does sub-menus and background music, but i have vcdeasy and i'll try that too :wink:
TXFilms

Just got Nero 6 Ultra with NeroVision

Post by TXFilms »

If your using Nero 5.x and lower (sounds like you are), hate to say it, but try an get 6 ultra. Nerovision will finally do moving menus. VCD video looks (and for some reason) actually plays better and in more DVD players than before.

But: I cant for the life of me seem to get multiple menus. I can get more than one page (If I have a bunch of vids on it, it'll create the same page with the next page button) but I cant make a video play first, then go to menus, with like a menu for special effects, and a menu for behind the scenes.... etc. Perhaps there is a way, but with nero, I doubt it.
Taxman800

Post by Taxman800 »

if you have a mac use idvd. Its like $20 now i think.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

ummm....pinnacle 8 does what you want, you just have to download the free updates, its prolly about $80 now cause they released a new version, pinnacle is not the best editing program in the world, but it does a good job with vcd svcd and dvd creation
"Prolly Just Film"
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Where's Jerry Jones when you need him!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Taxman800 wrote:if you have a mac use idvd. Its like $20 now i think.
If you are using a mac, Final Cut Pro has the ability to create professional menus on a dvd. Premiere does not, however.
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

Epsilon wrote:
Taxman800 wrote:if you have a mac use idvd. Its like $20 now i think.
If you are using a mac, Final Cut Pro has the ability to create professional menus on a dvd. Premiere does not, however.
Yeah, I use Pro and you can only export to DVD. If you want to create motion menus and all that stuff, you'll have to create that in AE and then finally put it all together in Encore.

But that way you are gonna get a totally professional end result

To me it seems that ' you get what you pay for ' basically
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

I don't have a mac, ughh I lost more post again!!!! :twisted:
"Holy Freaking' Fat Mother of Jehoshephat"
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

All I have now is Pinnacle 8 (like letalgirth87 mentioned), and it does do a fairly good job with the menu creation. It may not be great for special effects and such, but it couldn't be easier to use.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

i use encore and even though its expensive u can do soo much with it
i've had it for a yr now and i'm always finding new things. to make moving menus with it you just drag in the video u want in the right size and put some text over the top for buttons (u can do heaps more stuff like add bars and stuff so the buttons stand out better too)
cantoloupe

Post by cantoloupe »

i use apple's DVD studio pro, got it as part of the production suite, you can do any menu you can think of, or create. Its like encore, but more features and parameters, (its apple, so of course)
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Epsilon wrote:Geeze... you are looking for professional grade software and hardware. I don't think you can find anything like that within $300 if that! I've looked for that kind of equipment. But the sad truth is that it is too complicated for nearly all people, so nothing of that likeness can be found on the consumer market. People like simple. Except for the amateur filmmakers like you and me. You have high dreams, but you won't be able to find anything like that.

Try looking at Adobe Encore. Maybe you will find what you want in there.

(NOTHING is free in the world)
I agree, I have encore and it works great. Nothing is free , and don't say priating softwear becuase thats illegal which means its not really free, it's called stealing.
Sigs suck a**.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Ye true. Btw How much is Encore? And is it easy to use (it is burning software ye?) please correct me if i am wrong, thank you