Anyone know where i can get some of that classic cliche musi

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

smeagollum

Anyone know where i can get some of that classic cliche musi

Post by smeagollum »

Anyone know where i can get some of that classic cliche music from movie trailers?????
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Yes. From any motion picture soundtrack. That is all they use, scores from other movies. However, they are copyrighted, so be careful what you do with them.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Also, there's a lot of regular classical music used. Some of it is royalty free, seeing that the writers died like 300 years ago! Don't use 4 seasons by Vivaldi - Nice music, but way overused!

Try things like Smetena - Ma vlast, or Bartered Bride, Or even some Beethoven, like Eroice, or Pastorale Symphony - there's parts of those symphonies that would lend themselves well to almost any occasion in a film - Dramatic, peaceful, adventerous, etc, you get the idea.

Oh, and to answer your question, you'll find that film themes are available from most good record shops, although I don't know why they still call them record shops, I went into one the other day - Didn't have a single record there, just CDs, DVDs and computer games! They didn't even have casettes! Does anyone still use casettes?
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

I went to the movies last night and in the Scary Movie 3 trailer they were playing the opening score from Beetlejuice... how cheap...

Just look for composers like John Williams and my f*** Idol Danny Elfman and they have quite a few scores that are used in alot of films then there are Classical Scores by composers of old like Chaicovski i dunno if i spelled his name right because i got no idea how to and then you can even check royalty free sites or cliche music.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

We knew who you meant! He's spelled like more like Tchaicovshy, but I'm sure that's still wrong! Good celebration music though!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The correct spelling in German is Tchaikovski. Pretty much, anything classical, baroque, etc. is royalty free. You just need to be aware of copyrights held within the company that recorded it! Not only the music can be copywritten.

I have seen a lot of movie trailers that used the theme to Waterworld in the background. It really is a good soundtrack, except the movie sucked!
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

No i don't
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
Rico

Post by Rico »

If You're after the "action" kind of trailer music, You may want to check out http://www.immediatemusic.com and look for "redrum" and the likes. Overused to death, but if it's a cliche You're after...

Also look for E.S. Posthumus "Pompeii", as good cliche as any (You can download excerpts from their website, http://www.esposthumus.com)...

Another place to look for the name of the music for a particular trailer is http://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/, where You can find the name and composer of the music used in quite a lot of trailers (sorted by movie). Then You can search for that music using Your favourite "search" engine...

And a someone said - music from other movies are very frequently used, and there is also quite common to use more than one piece of music and mix them to enhance the action on the screen...

Regards,
Rico